Landing long at Big Creek Id. ( vid. )

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
On this trip into Big Creek with my brother Ronnie and a friend The landing was a little long. If you have never landed at Big Creek, there is a hog back ridge that makes it impossible to see the runway until you are turning final. I didn't carry my down wind far enough and when reaching final I was higher than I should have been. My brother Ronnie was in the back and you will hear him making comments about my landing. Al Bradley was visiting from Mansfield Oh. and he enjoyed the flight inspite of the landing. I hope you can learn from my mistake, otherwise I wouldn't have posted this. Bob http://www.youtube.com/v/OEF-lBrDweA

Last edited:
No hill for a stepper, looks like to me. That's what you can do when you know your plane, and know it well... the successful outcome of the maneuver was never in doubt.

I didn't want to do a slip because I had my camera in the front window pointing straight ahead. I wanted to get a film of the Big Creek landing strip. I know to go down the canyon farther before turning base now.

This Big Creek video wants to run on about 4X the usual sceen size, so has a very distorted image. Do you know if that can be easily changed? The Chamberlain one is smaller and nice detail shows.

This Big Creek video wants to run on about 4X the usual sceen size, so has a very distorted image. Do you know if that can be easily changed? The Chamberlain one is smaller and nice detail shows.

No I don't know about that. I had my oldest daughter here with us for a few days and she helped me get some of my videos on the computer. I am lucky if I can get them posted on the web. Sorry! If any Bob one knows about that I hope they can drop me a PM and tell me how to change it.

Cool video, Bob. How long ago was this shot?

That nice looking 180 is still out there flying: http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/N3242D.html

Somebody snapped a photo of it about 3 months ago, at Vale, Oregon.

Troy That aircraft belongs to a Jack Walker of Vale. He has a working gold mine in the Big Creek Id. area. He uses his 180 to haul things, like we would use a 3/4 ton PU. I have picked him up a couple of times, when he had to take a truck or something else in, besides his plane.

I think This flight was Aug. of last year (2006). Bob

No I don't know about that. I had my oldest daughter here with us for a few days and she helped me get some of my videos on the computer. I am lucky if I can get them posted on the web. Sorry! If any Bob one knows about that I hope they can drop me a PM and tell me how to change it.

Not a real big deal to me since I've been there many times, thanks anyway Bob.

Some of your videos are the smaller size which works well, and which seems to be the norm usually for other videos on the web as well.

Back