Landing Fees

abqtj

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
abqtj
Interestingly, while looking up something else, I stumbled upon the Aviation Act for NM. It's the laws governing aviation in New Mexico.

One of the articles states: An airport facility that receives funds under the Aviation Act shall not charge landing fees for aircraft, except for aircraft used in commercial activities for compensation.

Pretty nice. Wonder which airports receive any funds here in NM.

I kind of wonder don't most of the public ones?
Might find some info here
https://www.faa.gov/airports/aip/grant_histories/
In 2016, one doc there says 25 NM airports did.

I think that statement does not preclude charging of fees under another name.
Or, of FBOs charging a fee for using their facilities.

As you noticed in another thread of mine about Kansas City, I think all airports should accommodate unfettered passage in and out of the airport, tiedown space. Right now, there is a requirement to buy fuel at a large fbo or pay their fee in order to get out of the airport. Experienced this again last weekend at El Paso.

I kind of wonder don't most of the public ones?
Might find some info here
https://www.faa.gov/airports/aip/grant_histories/
In 2016, one doc there says 25 NM airports did.

I think that statement does not preclude charging of fees under another name.
Or, of FBOs charging a fee for using their facilities.

As you noticed in another thread of mine about Kansas City, I think all airports should accommodate unfettered passage in and out of the airport, tiedown space. Right now, there is a requirement to buy fuel at a large fbo or pay their fee in order to get out of the airport. Experienced this again last weekend at El Paso.

That's a good point, I didn't consider that.

i also would think most public / G A airports would

Received FAA funds, or NM funds? I would assume the NM Aviation Act would refer to receiving NM funds.

I cannot be sure Van but it is an FAA site and they are talking about the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems so it sounds to me like federal funds.

Personally I think if it's a public built/funded airport they shouldn't be allow doubble dip the tax payer with their fees.

Interestingly, while looking up something else, I stumbled upon the Aviation Act for NM. It's the laws governing aviation in New Mexico.

One of the articles states: An airport facility that receives funds under the Aviation Act shall not charge landing fees for aircraft, except for aircraft used in commercial activities for compensation.

Pretty nice. Wonder which airports receive any funds here in NM.

Call this guy. http://dot.state.nm.us/content/nmdot/en/Aviation.html

GRANT ADMINISTRATION

The Aviation Division coordinates and administers state grants for construction, development and maintenance of public use airport facilities. It also issues grants to promote air service.

Dan Moran, Grants Administrator Office: 505-244-1788 Ext. 9112 dan.moran@state.nm.us

Personally I think if it's a public built/funded airport they shouldn't be allow doubble dip the tax payer with their fees.

If they were both publicly built and funded, why would they need a landing fee? The fact is there a lots of airports that receive funds for improvements, but they are not funded for ongoing operation.

If we have free public ramps,someone is going to have to maintain them. Where is that money going to come from.

Back