Landing at KTEX

Kiloalphadriver

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ray
I was fortunate to have TEX as one of my regular stops. It's an just an unbelievable place! One of the King Air partners owned a house there and loved to be there as much as he could. (Another partner had a house at KJAC)

Guaranteed sinker on short final for 9 and guaranteed stall horn chirp at 120kts+ on departure on 27..

Circling to 27 can be a very exhilarating experience if the wind is "gusty". And make sure to check your landing gear for chair lift parts after shutdown.

The instrument approach has high mins as you can imagine, but you have to keep an eye on the snow squalls or you can find yourself in one on short final with no where to go.

DA's can approach 13,000ft on a hot summer day.

Fun stuff!!

Listen closely in the video at touchdown.

WARNING: may not be suitable for younger or easily offended ears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3_kpVJRTSw

It is an interesting airport. I haven't been since the reopen after redoing the runway. I hear a lot of the dip is gone. The runway used to climb about as fast as my Mooney.

I haven't been back up yet either... maybe a good "when the wind dies down" Spring flight to go see how she's-a'doin' up there.

Might be a good Colorado POA lunch fly in!
IIRC it isn't cheap to get into town. We did the airshow they used to have a couple times. And spent a couple off season nights in town. What a beautiful place.

Back