Lance or Jesse FCM or LVN For Christmas ?

dogman

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
dogman
We have family Around Minneapolis. We are going to try to fly up for Christmas. I was wondering which would have the best facilities for Cold and Snow and my Cherokee Six. It is always hangered and I have no covers to keep the snow and frost off. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Dogman

I would think FCM would be better

I have flown to both, but LVN seems like a much smaller operation.

I would think FCM is going to be the quickest when it comes to snow removal, etc. FCM is also a controlled airport. I imagine like most small airports around here if LVN gets snow you'll be waiting for the county to come plow it after they do all the roads..Whereas I would think FCM would be *very* quick about it.

Also there are multiple FBOs at FCM. They only one I have ever delt with there is Elliot Aviation and have had decent luck. Lance would have more information about who would be best though

dogman said:
We have family Around Minneapolis. We are going to try to fly up for Christmas. I was wondering which would have the best facilities for Cold and Snow and my Cherokee Six. It is always hangered and I have no covers to keep the snow and frost off. Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Dogman

Is your family on the south side of the metro area? FCM has several FBO's with large hangars, but the price might be high. I am planning to fly to FL for the holiday week. If we can work out the logistics, you are welcome to use my hangar while I'm gone. It sounds like we'll be leaving the Saturday before Xmas but an earlier plan was to depart Sunday noon.

lancefisher said:
Is your family on the south side of the metro area? FCM has several FBO's with large hangars, but the price might be high. I am planning to fly to FL for the holiday week. If we can work out the logistics, you are welcome to use my hangar while I'm gone. It sounds like we'll be leaving the Saturday before Xmas but an earlier plan was to depart Sunday noon.

Prior lake Burnsville area

Wow what an offer We were going to try to head that way on the 22nd or 23rd IF WEATHER ALLOWS IT. If we could tie out a couple days and if it worked out I would love to use your hanger. but I will have to pay you. THERE IS SURELY NOT A FAA RULE AGAINST YOU MAKING SOME MONEY ON YOUR HANGER. If doesn't work out could you advise me the FBO to use while there. I will check some of there prices.

It is so nice of you to offer your hanger. Thank You

Jon (dogman)

dogman said:
Prior lake Burnsville area

Wow what an offer We were going to try to head that way on the 22nd or 23rd IF WEATHER ALLOWS IT. If we could tie out a couple days and if it worked out I would love to use your hanger. but I will have to pay you. THERE IS SURELY NOT A FAA RULE AGAINST YOU MAKING SOME MONEY ON YOUR HANGER. If doesn't work out could you advise me the FBO to use while there. I will check some of there prices.

It is so nice of you to offer your hanger. Thank You

Jon (dogman)

Burnsville is slightly closer to KLVN but Prior Lk is about equidistant from both airports. There's no need to pay me anything if you use the hangar, it would just sit empty otherwise. It's starting to sound very likely that we will depart on Sat. 12/24. I'll PM you with my phone #'s.

Back