Lance Fisher

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
What is the significance of your avitar? It looks interesting but a 1 x 1.5 inch pic doesn't reveal the detail. Could you please post a larger pic?

Richard said:
What is the significance of your avitar? It looks interesting but a 1 x 1.5 inch pic doesn't reveal the detail. Could you please post a larger pic?

It's just a picture of some unusual clouds and their reflections on the water. It was taken at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds in southern IL during a water ski tournament. These clouds preceeded the arrival of a severe batch of thunderstorms.

I put that picture in as my avatar when I first signed up for PoA with the intention of replacing it with something more aviation oriented, but haven't gotten around to changing it.

The picture in it's original format (large) is attached.

lancefisher said:
It's just a picture of some unusual clouds and their reflections on the water. It was taken at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds in southern IL during a water ski tournament. These clouds preceeded the arrival of a severe batch of thunderstorms.

I put that picture in as my avatar when I first signed up for PoA with the intention of replacing it with something more aviation oriented, but haven't gotten around to changing it.

The picture in it's original format (large) is attached.

It's beautiful. It looks like a painting.

Yeah, very cool. It looks like a gust front and I see rain shafts yonder. I wonder, any fully formed mammatus with that? I'm willing to bet that above the clouds in the foreground was an anvil. What goes up must come down...

WRT the pic, it is a good composition and the color saturation is very good. As you know an interesting feature can hurt the eyes severly if the exposure is bad.

Last edited:
gibbons said:
Photoshop. Don't forget the Waco incident. Lance is not to be trusted.

No hoaxes here:no:. I can probably provide witnesses to attest to the authenticity of that picture:p.

Richard said:
Did I miss something?

When AOPA gave away the Waco, Lance came onto the AOPA webboard and pretended to be the winner seekinga dvice on waht to do with the plane. WE all congratulated him, swallwoing our crusshing disappointment, and tried to make him feel welcome. Then Lance admitted he was lance. Just a good joke, but I think Chick still hold s a grudge :rofl:

Joe Williams said:
When AOPA gave away the Waco, Lance came onto the AOPA webboard and pretended to be the winner seekinga dvice on waht to do with the plane. WE all congratulated him, swallwoing our crusshing disappointment, and tried to make him feel welcome. Then Lance admitted he was lance. Just a good joke, but I think Chick still hold s a grudge :rofl:

It was a GREAT joke, and I'm still holding a grudge because I didn't think of it myself. :D

Who's Chick? :confused:

gibbons said:
It was a GREAT joke, and I'm still holding a grudge because I didn't think of it myself. :D

Who's Chick? :confused:

Darn keyboard seems to have developed deficiencies sometime after midnight last night. It's a mystery to me why this sometimes happens on Saturday nights. :dunno:

I do wish Cathy hadn't set off the smoke alarm a couple minutes ago, though. I must be getting sick. I have a headache...

Joe Williams said:
Darn keyboard seems to have developed deficiencies sometime after midnight last night. It's a mystery to me why this sometimes happens on Saturday nights. :dunno:

I do wish Cathy hadn't set off the smoke alarm a couple minutes ago, though. I must be getting sick. I have a headache...

I've been called worse and will be again!! :yes: But I've got to admit that "Chick" is a first.

Joe Williams said:

My keen observation skills allowed me to detect a multitude of typos and a plethora of grammatical mistakes in your myriad posts of last night. Almost said something too.

Joe Williams said:

I'd like to see how generouts Chip is to someone he's not holding a grudge against considering he bought my breakfast last weekend.

lancefisher said:
I'd like to see how generouts Chip is to someone he's not holding a grudge against considering he bought my breakfast last weekend.
You're going to ruin my tarnished reputation with talk like that. :D

Back