Lancaster Air Show 8/20, 8/21

Anthony

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Anthony
Anybody going to this? I'm going to try to make it. Had a recent opportunity (last week) to mix it up in the pattern with the Heavy Metal guys. No they did not do an overhead break on me, but once they saw the Tiger they got outta Dodge! (yeah right :rolleyes:)

http://lancaster.schultzairshows.com/

Had me excited for a minute......ah....wrong Lancaster! Have fun.

I had no idea-- thanks for posting!!

There is a TFR associated:

!FDC 1/0702 ZNY PA.. TFR, LANCASTER AIRPORT, PA. August 19-21, 2011 Pursuant to 14 CFR Section 91.145 Due to AERIAL DEMONSTRATIONS BY THE U.S. ARMY BLACK DAGGERS AND U.S. AIR FORCE A-10 TEAMS. WEF 1108191800 - 1108192030 UTC 1108201600 - 1108202100 UTC 1108211600 - 1108212100 UTC SFC-10,500 MSL Aircraft flight operations prohibited within 5 NMR of 400718N/0761745W OR THE LANCASTER /LRP/ VORTAC 305 DEGREE RADIAL AT .2 NM Unless authorized by ATC GREG WITMER, PHONE 610-331-2726, is the point of contact. THE LANCASTER /LNS/ ATCT, PHONE 717-569-0004, is the FAA coordination facility. ******CAUTION: This TFR Overlay Display System (TODS) is updated Monday thru Friday 1100-2330 UTC and Saturday thru Sunday 1230-2030 UTC. CONFIRM DATA CURRENCY THROUGH ALTERNATE SOURCES AT OTHER TIMES. For interpretation of this TFR contact your local FSS.******

Aerdrome isn't closed....

Last edited:
Dan,

If you are going, let me know.

I have an extra seat in the Tiger if I fly if anybody wants to go. The only problem with flying is you are stuck there until the raise the TFR.

Dan,

If you are going, let me know.

I have an extra seat in the Tiger if I fly if anybody wants to go. The only problem with flying is you are stuck there until the raise the TFR.

I'm 90% certain we're going. We'll fly over from S37. Airshow opens at 10. I'm calling LNS to get parking, egress details. I'll post here.

Great to hear guys. It should be a great show. I did a little research on the Heavy Metal Jet Team after running into them (figuratively) last week at KLNS, and they're owned by a 23 year old guy that owns UBC, a pretty large, privately held company which he started at 16!

They had five L-39's, and a MiG-17 which took off right after me and I guess were heading out to pracitce. Just awesome!

Uh oh -- where is the practice area?

:hairraise:

Dunno. We were all using 31, and they departed to the Northeast. When I trained there, the practice area was West towards the river, but I am sure they would not use that nor go there if it is still used as such for slow movers.

I'm really looking forward to seeing their show.

Dunno. We were all using 31, and they departed to the Northeast. When I trained there, the practice area was West towards the river, but I am sure they would not use that nor go there if it is still used as such for slow movers.

I'm really looking forward to seeing their show.

(I was kidding about the practice area.. :D The fast movers probably head out towards Ft Indiantown Gap)

Down near the Susquehanna still seems to be the"practice area", and as long as you stay east of Columbia you avoid the MDT and LNS approaches.

We will probably drive over after lesson -- too much logistics to fly there.

Dan, Anthony

I'd like to meet up with you guys. I don't know the airport really well can you suggest a time and place to meet?

We will probably drive over after lesson -- too much logistics to fly there.

I may still fly just to avoid the parking/traffic issues, and it is about an hour drive for me vs. 15 minute flight. The only downside, is the five hours we'll be held hostage, so depending, I may drive also.

Last edited:
You're making me waver ---- OK, I'll try to fly over.

:D

I gotta see the Champ!

John,

I'll PM you and Dan my cell number and we can meet somewhere near the terminal building or one of the static displays.

OK, where are the other area POAers? Adam, Gary, Gary M, Rob S?

Back