Lake Tahoe Tomorrow: Advice?

I have only been to TRK once. It was on a weekday in mid June in a 172P. I was surprised how well the plane handled the elevation and how many people were there. It wasn't a real hot day. Not sure if it always that busy but, with the glider traffic and the potential to need to circle to gain alt to get out, I can see how a tower could be beneficial.

Gotta admit all these scary stories of wind in California...think I will just avoid flying anywhere with mountains from now on. Maybe a nice trip to Kansas or Texas is better

Don't want to go down in CA, they'll think you're a 1%er with your airplane and chop you up and feed you to the "poor".

I do believe that the FAA put a daytime tower in there when we (PSA) started scheduled airline (121) flights in there in the Lockheed Electra in the mid-60s. That's a stretch of memory, though.

Jim

I do believe that the FAA put a daytime tower in there when we (PSA) started scheduled airline (121) flights in there in the Lockheed Electra in the mid-60s. That's a stretch of memory, though.

Jim

Are you sure that wasn't South Lake Tahoe?

DA 9200 at ktvl right now.. if your trying to leave when it's this hot out, clearly you need to go to the beach for a swim and enjoy the views on the beach. The days of ski pants and jackets are gone to a welcoming of significantly less clothing. Plus the lake is pretty to look at it as well!

DA 9200 at ktvl right now.. if your trying to leave when it's this hot out, clearly you need to go to the beach for a swim and enjoy the views on the beach. The days of ski pants and jackets are gone to a welcoming of significantly less clothing. Plus the lake is pretty to look at it as well!

Yikes, that lake is BUTT COLD. No swimming, at least not for very long.

Back