Lake Norman NC Hanger Space

Flybynite

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Flybynite
i need hanger space for a Cessna Cardinal. Anyone have any ideas. Thanks, guys.

SVH may be able to squeeze you in. Best bet is to keep an eye out for airplanes that have hangars and are going up for sale. Try to find a way to buddy up with the seller to get the hangar when the plane leaves. Or buy the plane with the hangar then sell the plane and keep the hangar. Sade world we are in today. Probably the closest airport that has hangar space is 8A7 or maybe Wilgrove .

I get calls at NC26 all the time for people looking for spaces. We don't have them (unless you care to buy a lot here).

I think 14A has some available.

Isn't NC14 in Boone? And isn't that a private airstrip?

All I know is I’m number 16 waiting for a hangar at Concord JQF... been number 16 since last September :mad:

Like Grum.Man suggested, I bought a plane locally and got the hangar when I did so. The airport where I have my hangar has been closed for 9 months and I was not able to find anything else close by, so now I have a second hangar 2 hours away, which puts quite a damper on my flying. Even then, I think I only got into the one that's two hours away because the airport manager there ended up knowing one of my family members. PoA needs to create an LLC to build hangars across the country or something, it's crazy.

Like Grum.Man suggested, I bought a plane locally and got the hangar when I did so. The airport where I have my hangar has been closed for 9 months and I was not able to find anything else close by, so now I have a second hangar 2 hours away, which puts quite a damper on my flying. Even then, I think I only got into the one that's two hours away because the airport manager there ended up knowing one of my family members. PoA needs to create an LLC to build hangars across the country or something, it's crazy.

This isn't anything new. My father bought his first airplane in 1971, and he couldn't find a hangar for it back then.

A private company (IOMax) modifying air tractors for coin work took over the large community hangar at 14A and tossed everyone out. This has created a hangar space shortage for years.

I get calls at NC26 all the time for people looking for spaces. We don't have them (unless you care to buy a lot here).

I think 14A has some available.
I think 14A is full up, a friend just bought a cherokee there that already had a hangar spot and said that the waiting list is two years out. SVH MIGHT have some space but not sure. I know there is a waiting list at JQF, if you want to go a little south east of the lake 8A6 should have some space. Send me a PM and I'll get you some contact info if you are interested. As someone else mentioned, IPJ might be an option too. Still hoping that one day when I can afford my own plane and a lot at Long Island Airpark there will still be space for me @flyingron

Disclaimer, I'm a commercial multi rated guy that still rents, SVH or 8A6...and occasionally @eman1200 lets me safety pilot for him

It's filling up here. We have six houses under construction and two more about to break ground. Still lots to be had though.

Back