Lake Havasu

Bond James Bond

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bond
We’re heading down there Tuesday, if there’s any members around the airport it would be cool to meet for coffee, I always try to stop at the local airport for the fun of it

I’m up in the Bullhead City. My plane is down but I will be working on the hangar I recently purchased at A09, Eagle Airfield just north of Needles. If you’re interested in a side trip I’d be happy to meet up with you at Eagle. If that’s not convenient I understand.

gary

I’m up in the Bullhead City. My plane is down but I will be working on the hangar I recently purchased at A09, Eagle Airfield just north of Needles. If you’re interested in a side trip I’d be happy to meet up with you at Eagle. If that’s not convenient I understand.

gary

Hi Gary, How do you like A09? I recall some of the roofs being torn off from a storm several years back.
I am at A20, Sun Valley Airpark in Fort Mohave.

A09 is working out well. They have started rebuilding some of the hangars that were damaged in the storm.

The biggest drawback for me is that it isn’t lit. There are plans to correct that but no telling when. They also plan on resealing the taxi-ways, getting the fuel system working again, and possibly setting up a small restaurant.

For now I have the hangar mostly set up so I have a good place to work on things and a safe place for my plane. I’m currently building a set of jacks so I can do my annual. That will also require cutting a small access hole into the drop ceiling for the tail to be able to get high enough to swing the gear but that’s a simple process compared to the other work I’ve done.

gary

Back