Lake Havasu Lunch

Sounds good. I have a motor home i can bring to shuttle people also. Is anyone still planning on arriving today? or has everyone rescheduled for next weekend?
A motorhome huh!?!!!!! Old buddy, old pal! :D I was going to call the FBO you recomended to see about renting 2 cars or one van. I would be willing to make a contribution of equal or greater value to the gas tanks of your RV, if you would be willing to drive the crew to town for lunch! :yes: (I'd put it on my business gas card, and write it off!) How big are the tanks? Diesel or Gas?

HLT from this board is coming, and he recomended a Brewery in town for lunch. It sounded good to me. I was going to call them and see about reservations. About 11 people from the redboard so far

Is this the towns busy season, or will we have the place to ourselves?

I'm going to post on the redboard to meet at D2 Aero. Most everyone plans to arrive at 10:45am. But I'm going to cheat, and leave an hour early! Then I'll take pics of everyones arrival and bird.

I'll check in later today!

Yes they will take reservations. I would call now for that many people. No prob with the RV, I will have it waiting by my plane. Probably the only one out there so it shouldn't be hard to miss. I am parked under the covered parking, opposite side of D2. If you can have everyone meet at Sun Western Flyers instead, i will work out a fuel discount for all involved. we will say the RV will depart at 11:30 for town....sound good?

Yes they will take reservations. I would call now for that many people. No prob with the RV, I will have it waiting by my plane. Probably the only one out there so it shouldn't be hard to miss. I am parked under the covered parking, opposite side of D2. If you can have everyone meet at Sun Western Flyers instead, i will work out a fuel discount for all involved. we will say the RV will depart at 11:30 for town....sound good?
Sounds very good! I'll post to meet at Sun Western Flyers, get a count and call the resturaunt for reservations. I assume you and possibly the wife will have lunch with us?

Thanks for the help Michael! I appreciate it, and look forward to meeting you.

OK. I reserved 14 spots at the Brewery, he said we could add more chairs if we needed to, so plenty of room for everyone!

Also I posted to have everyone park at the Sun Western Flyers FBO.

Do they bring a truck to the plane? I was going to fly with full fuel to avoid the hassle of tanking up. But if they have a fuel truck, I'll fly with fuel to the tabs and top off (to the tabs) again before I leave Havasu. My bird climbs so much better with partial fuel+ I'm flying solo so she should climb like a homesick angel!

This should be fun! :goofy:

:blueplane:

OK. I reserved 14 spots at the Brewery, he said we could add more chairs if we needed to, so plenty of room for everyone!

Also I posted to have everyone park at the Sun Western Flyers FBO.

Do they bring a truck to the plane? I was going to fly with full fuel to avoid the hassle of tanking up. But if they have a fuel truck, I'll fly with fuel to the tabs and top off (to the tabs) again before I leave Havasu. My bird climbs so much better with partial fuel+ I'm flying solo so she should climb like a homesick angel!

This should be fun! :goofy:

Will be a blast :)
Yes they will fuel at your plane, I will get you all some sort of discount, and...parking will be in front of D2, but you will be guests of Sun Western. So just spread the word for people to goto Sun Western if they need to find our party. If you fill up before you leave, i don't see any reason you would need fuel, but if you do it is available.

Havasu.jpg

So let me get this straight. We park by D2Aero, but call Sun Western for fuel??? No problem, but I want to get it right before I post on the redboard again.

Also could you get Skyhog to post that map on the redboard thread? (Thanks SkyHog!)

This will be so much fun! :goofy:

So let me get this straight. We park by D2Aero, but call Sun Western for fuel??? No problem, but I want to get it right before I post on the redboard again.

That is correct. Thats the only available parking. 123.30 is the freq for Sun Western.

Also could you get Skyhog to post that map on the redboard thread? (Thanks SkyHog!)

I'm sure he would do that. :)

Uhh...not trying to upstage ya, but this is slighty more accurate for the positions on the airport...

Havasu.jpg

Update! We have 10-12 planes so far, and about 16 people coming to Havasu this Sunday for lunch! This does not include anyone on this forum that may come also?

Michael, I hope you have a big motorhome! Can't wait for Sunday! :goofy:

Its getting pretty warm here too.
No jacket required :)
hiisun.jpg

The RV will fit plenty of people, We don't have to worry about it getting off the ground. See ya Sunday.

Update! We have 10-12 planes so far, and about 16 people coming to Havasu this Sunday for lunch! This does not include anyone on this forum that may come also?

Michael, I hope you have a big motorhome! Can't wait for Sunday! :goofy:
Uuhhh, make that 15 airplanes and 25-30 people! :eek: Wow Havasu is going to be busy today! I guess the weather is bringing everyone out of the woodwork?!

See you there!

I will be bringing a F350 Crew Cab also. Will seat 6 comfortably. I am sure we can pack the rest in the motorhome. Doesn't look like Nick will be making this one. I will be out at the airport around 10ish. See ya there.

Thanks for the hospitality Michael! Everyone had a great time.

Next time I hope to fly my bird there! :rolleyes:

Will post pics once I get them off of my camera.

Back