Lake George NY ??

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
So my astoundingly wonderful 14yo daughter was picked to play on the Philadelphia Area National Youth Lacrosse Team at the National Youth Lacrosse Tournement in Lake George NY in Mid June. Sorry had to brag. Anyway Were trying to figure out what to do up there. The Tourney is from June 17-20 The Teams all stay in an Athletes village at the Tournement Center and parents stay else where. During the Tourney we are staying at the Hampton Inn in Lake George and those three days will be consumed by Lacrosse.

I thought we might turn it into a mini family vacation and stay in the area for a few days past the tourney. Anyone been there or know the area. We are considering a move after the tourney to either the Fort William Henry Resort in Lake George or the Colnel Williams Hotel ( I think its a hilton) in Saratoga.

Any pireps on these places or other recommendations for loding, dinning and things to do with the wife and 14 yo daughter.

Not sure if we will fly yet Looks like KGFL or Saratoga are the closest fields. We may be forced to drive due to all the equipment we may have to bring and the cherokee don't hold all that much.

I used to go up there fairly often as a young man, but I haven't been there in more than 20 years.

Lake George is in the Adirondacks, so most of the activities are outdoor-related. Hiking, camping, fishing, canoeing, rafting, tubing, etc. There's a winery nearby if you're interested in that. There's also a Six Flags amusement park (according to the Lake George Web Site), but I don't recall it being there the last time I was. I do remember a lot of smaller, but decent amusement parks, hot-air ballooning, seaplane rides, hang gliding... all sorts of stuff, actually.

If you decide to drive, call me first. I can either treat you to some grub as you pass through, or else help you avoid the city, the associated traffic nightmares, and most of the tolls altogether.

-Rich

KGFL is your best bet. The Ticonderoga Airport (4B6) at the north end of the lake has a paved runway and parking area in good shape (as of 2 years ago) but that is it.... no services, no telephone, no taxi service.

For accommodations, there is always the Sagamore Hotel on the lake in Bolton Landing but check prices before showing up, and try to get a room in the main building.

-Skip

Back