LAHSO Why all the fuss?

I think he’s saying he’s usually confident he can land. I know I’m absolutely certain I can land. It’s pretty much guaranteed to happen every time I take off.

Might be on a runway, might be in an orange grove,....
:D

I got my first LASHO last week at KBTV. In my 172 with flaps, I had about 1400’ left before my “hold short of” point. After clearing the runway, I realized that the aircraft for which I was holding short were F-35s. Yeah, don’t want to cross one of those!

LAHSO, I have only seen for runway crossings, or Osh Kosh situation.
I never thought about it before, but are there other situations where LAHSO are approved?

Tim

LAHSO, I have only seen for runway crossings, or Osh Kosh situation.
I never thought about it before, but are there other situations where LAHSO are approved?

Tim
Sounds like after landing and on the rollout you’ve been asked if you can hold short of some point on the runway. That’s not LAHSO. You get it when you get the landing Clearance. Once you’ve read it back, they can then land and depart planes on the intersecting runway. Where are you, generally, just give me a State, I’ll find an airport nearby that is authorized to do it so you can see how it’s documented.

I know LAHSO, I have been at multiple airports, such as SRQ mentioned earlier in the thread, which use it. But every case I have run into, it was for crossing runways. I have read that Osh Kosh follows LAHSO procedures but technically they are called something else since it is all on the same runway.
My question is, does LAHSO work for any other situations? e.g. crossing taxiway? Or is it called something else?

Tim

I know LAHSO, I have been at multiple airports, such as SRQ mentioned earlier in the thread, which use it. But every case I have run into, it was for crossing runways. I have read that Osh Kosh follows LAHSO procedures but technically they are called something else since it is all on the same runway.
My question is, does LAHSO work for any other situations? e.g. crossing taxiway? Or is it called something else?

Tim
Oh. You had said “…for runway crossings…” Not crossing runways. I read into that. Yeah, LAHSO is about ‘simultaneous operations on intersecting runways.’ SOIR. That’s what it was called before the big changes made around 2000 and the new name, LAHSO.

lol, English... I am much more precise with Java, Typescript, Groovy.....

Tim

Back