Laced brownie

My daughter's school does random drug testing by clipping a small tuft of hair (15-20 strands). It can certainly be done. I can see the attraction: no falsifying samples, no need to observe or control the urine collection. Just a quick snip and done.

Whether or not a school should be doing that is a whole 'nother discussion which does not belong here.

John

Please tell me it's not on the kids??

It absolutely is on the kids. As I said, discussion for a different forum...

That'd be a assault charge all day, go walk up to the school administrator with a pair of scissors and try to cut his hair, betcha you end up in cuffs.

I digress, you're right, off topic.

I'm wondering how a sample (of anything) sent by FedEx can possibly be secure. When you give your sample at a clinic, they ID you before you give the sample.

OMG! Get new Friends! I don't care what the law is, EVERYBODY is not a POTHEAD! I'll bet there are more people that don't than there are people who do. You play with the bull, you get the horns! By the way, if they were mature and responsible people they would have made it known that the brownies were laced...

Are you sure you aren't telling a story missing some facts here?... Is it possible you knew or were a little tipsy from another vice and didn't care at the time and are now having regrets?

Well all of my legal knowledge is based off of law & order so I'm not exactly an expert.

Just don't go pleading guilty to manslaughter because you did something that accidentally caused someone to die.

Never heard of an aviation outfit using hair. Cutting your hair sounds a bit intrusive. In addition, how is that done with a bald dude ?

I don't think they cut your hair... I think they pluck one.. but still intrusive and I think would require a court order... unless its something you agreed to it as a condition of employment... my legal expertise from law and order as well...

It absolutely is on the kids. As I said, discussion for a different forum...

If this is a public school, then I would definitely raise a huge stink as a violation of my child's right to be free of unreasonable search and seizure. I suppose they may do this as a condition of permission to participate in extra-curricular activities. But still. If it's a private school, then I guess you just have weigh that as part of your choice of schools.

Never heard of an aviation outfit using hair. Cutting your hair sounds a bit intrusive. In addition, how is that done with a bald dude ?

hair grows in many places :)

Anyway. it's not going to show in 2-3 days in the urine. I know from experience(not aviation related). You have to be a habitual user. Then there is no hiding from it. Hair test is not necessary .

And a one time use like this is not going to show in hair either.

Urine pot test actually doesn't really rely on detecting these random uses much. When you consume pot on regular bases, its active component is stored in your fat cells. It then slowly leaks out into urine over time (can be many months, depending on usage). This is what they are testing and this is why pot is one of the easier and longer detectable drug.

The immediate use is washed out in about 2-3 days. That's pretty much true for most drugs(legal or otherwise).

Last edited:
My daughter's school does random drug testing by clipping a small tuft of hair (15-20 strands). It can certainly be done. I can see the attraction: no falsifying samples, no need to observe or control the urine collection. Just a quick snip and done.

Whether or not a school should be doing that is a whole 'nother discussion which does not belong here.

John

Private school or public?

If it's the latter, maybe the ACLU would be interested.

One of the problems with forums is that we don't always know who is an attorney and who isn't. Same for who flies professionally and who doesn't.

Somebody said earlier that this thread will live on long after the guy is clean... what a prediction :)

I'm wondering how a sample (of anything) sent by FedEx can possibly be secure. When you give your sample at a clinic, they ID you before you give the sample.

Being that one of the businesses under my IT roof at work is a employer drug testing medical review biz, you'd probably be amazed at how many samples some labs mix up and the problems it causes for people "downstream" so to speak.

Today was "get the databases talking to each other between the new phone system and the home grown case file system" day so we can screen pop call center agents directly into the correct case after the first agent confirms the caller on the phone is to be tied to a particular case for the rest of the duration of the call. It should help some for our folks.

They take a lot of calls straightening out results that went to the wrong person. It'll help to always have the correct linked case in front of them when the phone rings.

The Doctors also take a lot of calls from crying people who cant believe their cocaine habit showed up on their screening and they aren't going to get whatever job they needed/wanted. It's a weird business.

The most interesting part of it all is that HIPAA doesn't apply. At all. Employee drug screening and results are not considered a medical record. Most of that seems to stem from DOT exempting themselves and it spilled over into the whole industry. Too many DOT testing facilities in a van in the back of a truck stop to expect much data privacy on the front end. In some of these places the owner of the testing van is lucky if the thing starts to even drop the samples off at the closest lab that evening. LOL.

more unintended consequences of one of the dumbest moves ever pulled in Colorado ... I went to my first and last concert ever at Red Rocks last week - took the inlaws, kids and grandkids. Left early ... damn near sick from the stench of stupid weed ... like skunks at a picnic - not enjoyable.

I suppose attending a concert where that was going on could cause a failed drug test too. :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back