Labor for usage

Except when the plane crashes for some reason and some lawyer includes an improper oil change as a possible cause you going to be invited to the shake down. You will then have to hire an attorney.

If you are not carrying liability insurance, limit you risk exposure.
Nope,, you are not aware of the reality of liability. The ambulance chasers will not sue you when you have nothing. It's never the A&P it's simply too difficult to prove they did something wrong, it will be the oil company or some with deep pockets.
My liability would not be a worry to me.

Nope,, you are not aware of the reality of liability. The ambulance chasers will not sue you when you have nothing. It's never the A&P it's simply too difficult to prove they did something wrong, it will be the oil company or some with deep pockets.
My liability would not be a worry to me.

Must be tough to be that poor.

Those who are hung up on money, will never have enough.

I am not hung up on money, but you have to have a really short stack for an attorney not to at least include you in the process to discover what you have or don’t.

I am not hung up on money, but you have to have a really short stack for an attorney not to at least include you in the process to discover what you have or don’t.
Been there already, Under Wa. law they couldn't find anything to make it worthy their while.

Doesn't mean I'm destitute.

Seeing as this thread has run its course and turn into a liability issue. there is no sense continuing.

People far underestimate the amount of time required to keep an airplane up to an acceptable standard. Entropy is a real thing, and I challenge any sharp IA to do a complete annual in only 10hrs. AFAIK, the "book" number of hours on a FG single Cessna for the annual inspection alone is closer to the 20hr mark that I mentioned before. That's before you start to do ANY repairs!

Now add on an oil change, nose strut re-service, brakes, wheel bearings, timing, clean/gap plugs, air/vacuum filters, clean/lube, battery service, paperwork, AD compliance, and other nitnoid discrepancies... Before you know it, you've signed up your IA for a week's worth of work.

Both you and your mechanic want your aircraft to be in tip-top shape. He/she likely has decades of experience, and that's what you are asking them to use on your behalf... Reward them accordingly!

Back