• No preference?

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
OK, everyone knows we're doing the fly in on the Labor Day weekend this year to give an extra day travel time to get back home - call it the Nick Brennan provision. Same as last year people are welcome to camp at our property on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, and even Monday if weather becomes an issue. Should the main get together be on...

Saturday I think. Right in the middle so the early departures still get to have fun.

And Ill be working then, so I should be able to afford to make it!

I hit Saturday, but really think Sunday would be better. That would give those further away a chance to get in. Speaking of getting in, wondering if I'll be able to get a Mooney in there...

Test it out at Gaston's. DA will be lower at our place. And there's no bluff or power lines to worry about. Hopefully by Labor Day we'll have the 3000' all ready to use.

Please identify suitable runways in the general area.

Please identify suitable runways in the general area.

There is a 12,000 ft runway about 50 nm east. If you really practice your short field skills and push that grumman of yours to the limits you might be able to land there. I really doubt you'll get out on anything but a truck....

http://airnav.com/airport/KSAW

There is a 12,000 ft runway about 50 nm east. If you really practice your short field skills and push that grumman of yours to the limits you might be able to land there. I really doubt you'll get out on anything but a truck....

http://airnav.com/airport/KSAW
Hey, let's be accurate. It's 12370 x 150 ft. That extra 370' might be enough to allow him to take off again. presuming he uses the full length and takes off on the diagonal! :goofy:

Saturday allows room to move it in case of weather, and also allows heading for somewhere like Mackinac, Beaver, or Washington Islands if you want to double your pleasure. Luckily, if it's a 3000' field by then, Bruce will be able to bring Susan!

I hit Saturday, but really think Sunday would be better. That would give those further away a chance to get in. Speaking of getting in, wondering if I'll be able to get a Mooney in there...

According to the Mooney factory pilots I polled at Oshkosh one year, they all would put an M20J into 2000' of grass--one would put it into 1800' if the buyer was truly motivated and the runway demonstration was a deal killer. Those numbers are standard day, sea level, YMMV.

According to the Mooney factory pilots I polled at Oshkosh one year, they all would put an M20J into 2000' of grass--one would put it into 1800' if the buyer was truly motivated and the runway demonstration was a deal killer. Those numbers are standard day, sea level, YMMV.

We've already got 2200' (although only 2000' officially)

According to the Mooney factory pilots I polled at Oshkosh one year, they all would put an M20J into 2000' of grass--one would put it into 1800' if the buyer was truly motivated

The key words being "Mooney factory pilots". I, however, will be a fairly green Mooney pilot, so I'll put it at a let's see pending some training and short field practice.

Back