L3 NGT 9000 Touchscreen Failure

Ryanflyer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Ryanflyer
Does anyone have experience with the failure of the touchscreen on the NGT 9000 transponder/ADS-B unit? The unit in question "freezes" and does not respond to touch. L3 advised recalibrating of the touchscreen, which was successful short term, but after a few flights it has returned to its failure state. I have had the same unit in another plane for years without problems. The unit is out of warranty. If you have experienced this, how was it resolved, and if you don't mind sharing, at what cost was it resolved?

My touchscreen became flaky and occasionally unresponsive after 18 months (still in warranty). Rebooting and recalibration worked temporarily, but the problem would always recur. I finally sent it in for warranty repair. They replaced my unit entirely. Zero problems since. I think it was just a faulty touchscreen. The techs were really helpful in diagnosing and dealing with the RMA for repair. It came back pretty quickly.

When I first got my NGT-9000+, half of the touchscreen was intermittent. It turned out to be a hardware issue, and the device was replaced under warranty. I would not want to live with an intermittent issue like this.

- Martin

My touchscreen became flaky and occasionally unresponsive after 18 months (still in warranty). Rebooting and recalibration worked temporarily, but the problem would always recur. I finally sent it in for warranty repair. They replaced my unit entirely. Zero problems since. I think it was just a faulty touchscreen. The techs were really helpful in diagnosing and dealing with the RMA for repair. It came back pretty quickly.

Thanks for your reply. Currently working on a replacement, but unfortunately with the unit being out of warranty this will be expensive.

Back