L-139 Down, Texas, 4/19, Two Seriously Injured

Kenny Phillips

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Kenny Phillips
The L-139 was a factory enhancement of the venerable L-39, and very few were ever built. The crash of a jet aircraft usually results in a smoking hole, but the airframe in this crash appears to be quite recognizable as an actual aircraft. Whomever was flying this thing, apparently flew it all the way to the crash site, doing a fine job. I hope that Ms Stanger achieves a full recovery ... that sentiment extends to her passenger as well.

The L-139 was a factory enhancement of the venerable L-39, and very few were ever built. The crash of a jet aircraft usually results in a smoking hole, but the airframe in this crash appears to be quite recognizable as an actual aircraft. Whomever was flying this thing, apparently flew it all the way to the crash site, doing a fine job. I hope that Ms Stanger achieves a full recovery ... that sentiment extends to her passenger as well.
Yes, it does appear that it was under what control could be had; it will be interesting to hear what happened, so close to the destination. I couldn't find anything about the L-139.

Juan weighs in, was a flight review, the GIB was the instructor.
No word on the condition of the injured.

Back