kx165 nav selctor stuck

smisek

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
smisek
kx 165

Ok. The large outside knob will not change the nav freqs. Stuck on 110.xx the little knob still changes the .xx numbers. was working fine just the other day?
The only thing I find in any manual says 110.00 means and error? But don't see anything to re-set or check??

Any fixes? Help??

thanks

kx 165

Ok. The large outside knob will not change the nav freqs. Stuck on 110.xx the little knob still changes the .xx numbers. was working fine just the other day?
The only thing I find in any manual says 110.00 means and error? But don't see anything to re-set or check??

Any fixes? Help??

thanks

If you can sqeeze it hard and make it change...Its dirty...have a avionics shop take it off and clean it ..that should be it.

Let me add: the knob is not stuck. It rotates just fine, same as com side. Seems like frequencies "lock" when you pull the radial knob out. But it does not reset, or the frequencies freeze with what is set when you push the radial knob back in. I got it to change frequencies yesterday, but it is stuck again after pulling the radial knob out. I am Thinking there is some method or procedure that is a little less random that might work. One online manual for 165a? mentioned something about holding in the flip/flop for 2 seconds, but I lost that article and this radio is just a 165.

Problem fixed....new radio!
A little corrosion (the worst they'd seen) inside was the cause.

Back