KX155 Transmission Bleeding Over to Standby Frequency

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
Ground reports that I bleed over to Tower which I have on Standby. Just moving Standby off by 0.05 eliminates the issue. What's causing this?

Weird. Stby is actually never tuned. It's only displayed. You only have 1 tuner in the COM and it is in sync with whatever is set in the left window. *shrug*
Coincidence?

I had something like this happen to me at Saginaw Michigan: I had been flying for 70 hours in previous 2 weeks without any radio issues. Ground control said that I needed to get my radios checked as they were now getting my bleed into tower. I was positioned next to the FBO's line of hangars and parallel to them at the time. After taxi to the run-up area, my radio check was then completely normal without bleed. So, consider your proximity to metal structures that could distort your transmissions before assuming abnormalities with you radios.

As far as your observation that changing your standby frequency made a difference, using my above scenario, was your aircraft moving and in a different position when you made the digit change?

Last edited:
Back