KVCB Nut Tree Airport, Vacaville, CA

FPK1

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
FPK1
Planning a flight from SoCal to VCB. Anyone have any experience flying there from the south? Will Travis Air Force base let me go over the top of them and enter the pattern? Or should I plan to avoid Travis air space and the alert area? I'll be on flight following...

Looks like FBO is the county and $10 a night for a single engine.

Any information would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Planning a flight from SoCal to VCB. Anyone have any experience flying there from the south? Will Travis let me go over the top of them and enter the pattern? Or should I plan to avoid Travis air space and the alert area? I'll be on flight following...

Looks like FBO is the county and $10 a night for a single engine.

Any information would be appreciated!
VCB is a nice destination. Yes, Travis will let you overfly. Don't plan on being allowed into the Travis Delta, however. If you're on flight following, they'll hand you off to Travis Approach who can help you. There's plenty of room to stay above Travis Delta and enter the pattern at VCB. I've never stayed overnight there but what you're told sounds right. There's transient parking near the terminal bldg. It's a short walk to shops and food - through the Lowe's parking lot.

My last Baron, a T-42A, is there at the little military museum -- wave as you get fuel. It's kitty-corner from the SS Fuel pumps :D

Busy but low-drama airport IMO. Nothing to add to the above.

Travis is easy to work with and as mentioned you get handed off to them. It's fairly sleepy airspace relative to Norcal or Oakland. I even got cleared for practice KSUU ILS a couple times when I did my instrument rating in the area, terminating missed of course.

Nice airport, secure and well maintained. Quick walk or uber to restaurants but nothing on the field.

If I had to guess, 60%-70% of Travis Approach's workload is GA traffic. Very easy to deal with and accommodating.

Thanks all, good to know for the future. Business took me further north east so I ended up in Sacramento at McClellan, the old Air force base...
4668d5318322cf721d0da66f876f2016.jpg
a9a8e711d19eb9556a45ea52b391abca.jpg

Back