Kudos to you all, or most of you ...

Eagle I

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kat
So I recently shared with my partner a thread I had started. She looked at all the comments and said, "Wow, pilots write really well!" I just thought you all would like to hear that, especially in light of some comments on other threads about grammar, spelling, etc.

I told her that in general, pilots are pretty smart people!:D

Please give her this message from POA pilots: "We does thank u for gaving us complumints."

So I recently shared with my partner a thread I had started. She looked at all the comments and said, "Wow, pilots write really well!" I just thought you all would like to hear that, especially in light of some comments on other threads about grammar, spelling, etc.

Why did you lie to her?:lol:

Precision and accuracy in flight can carry over to other areas of your life. The again, there is the fear factor that saying something wrong on this board will bring the wrath of ages.

Sh[bleep]t, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?

Oh wait, that's airplane passengers.

Sh[bleep]t, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?

Oh wait, that's airplane passengers.

Guess you picked the wrong day to quit methamphetamines.

Precision and accuracy in flight can carry over to other areas of your life. The again, there is the fear factor that saying something wrong on this board will bring the wrath of ages.

Agreed! And I do feel bad for the people here who have been trashed for their less-than-stellar grammar, even if what they have to say is valuable.

Yep. Pilots generally understand the importance of paying attention to the details.

Agreed! And I do feel bad for the people here who have been trashed for their less-than-stellar grammar, even if what they have to say is valuable.
I stopped even thinking about mistakes when my phone altered my text to read something about genocide. Between these tiny keyboards, auto correction, and US school systems, no one has a chance. And screw 'em that complain about typos and misspellings. Small minds having no argument to the point being made must make criticism where they can.

Does this mean we don't have to take summer school?

Yes on both counts.

For example, I've long debated whether or not to share my discovery that nose hair trimmers do a remarkably good job on ear hair, as well. I think it's valuable information in terms of attention to detail. But someone will make a big deal over the fact that the device is not certificated for ear hair removal, someone else will start quoting FARs, another will boast that they can do whatever they want with their experimental nose-hair clipper, and yet another will take the opportunity to blame it on a nanny-state regime that wants to control even ear canal hair length; and before you know it, the whole thread winds up in SZ.

Rich

Trust me, writing skills deteriorate after approximately 5:30 pm local time. (Hint: I'm still coherent and not in danger of being banned so I'm obviously in another time zone.)

Yes on both counts.

For example, I've long debated whether or not to share my discovery that nose hair trimmers do a remarkably good job on ear hair, as well. I think it's valuable information in terms of attention to detail. But someone will make a big deal over the fact that the device is not certificated for ear hair removal, someone else will start quoting FARs, another will boast that they can do whatever they want with their experimental nose-hair clipper, and yet another will take the opportunity to blame it on a nanny-state regime that wants to control even ear canal hair length; and before you know it, the whole thread winds up in SZ.

Rich

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Laughing so hard I almost soiled myself....!!!!

Sadly, an accurate, yet humorous description. :dunno:

You actually share the comments on this board with other people? :eek: :hairraise:

Yes on both counts.

Rich

Now that was funny! And true! :thumbsup:

I used to think pilots were smart...then I met a bunch of them and saw first hand what they're capable of. Turns out pilots are among the dumbest people I know. For proof head over to the spin zone and read what our fellow brainiacs post.

I used to think pilots were smart...then I met a bunch of them and saw first hand what they're capable of. Turns out pilots are among the dumbest people I know. For proof head over to the spin zone and read what our fellow brainiacs post.
I suspect some bias is interfering with your judgement of intelligence.:lol: But yes pilots are dumb, risking it all for nothing, and at great expense to do so.:D
If we were smart we'd just buy a lake house, drink enough when you get there to forget the drive, and be content to chill.

Pilots send to be from that end of the socioeconomic spectrum where language skills are expected.

Pilots send to be from that end of the socioeconomic spectrum where language skills are expected.

I disagree. I think that pilots receive to be from that end of the socioeconomic spectrum where language skills are expected

you miss speled "phonixs" - bad pilot, no cookie

You omitted a period after "cookie". (I will exempt the crass and venal attempt at humor)

Bad pilot, no avgas.

:D

Yes on both counts.

Rich

Good one. However, based on your profile picture(presuming that is your own visage), you have bigger problems than either nose, or ear hair. ;)

I look at it this way - pilots are a very small subset of the general population. Then we POA folks are an even smaller subset of that. So we are the best of the best of the best.

And then I read some of the things I right and figger so much for that idear.

Hey, fun times here!:) Although things did a get bit hairy there.:lol:

Back