Kudos to Airtex Interiors

freemasm

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
freemasm
I'm giving credit where due. I won't go into real details but the Airtex interior I installed years back didn't show the life that they are known for. The company stood behind their product and while it was/is a lot of work on my part to replace, the results are again wicked good; credit given to the initial product. I'm looking forward to again using their products to refinish my seats once I recover from the avionics upgrade. Yes, I am anal as #$@!

IMG_1977.jpg IMG_1985.jpg IMG_1982.jpgIMG_1974.jpgIMG_1970.jpg IMG_1975.jpg

What do you mean " ...the Airtex interior I installed years back didn't show the life that they are known for."

Did you install their interior and it didn't last and they gave you another set?

What do you mean " ...the Airtex interior I installed years back didn't show the life that they are known for."

Did you install their interior and it didn't last and they gave you another set?
As mentioned, I wasn't going to get into the deep details. The original product was installed in 2009 and still looked good. I have friends that have had their products installed for much longer. Mine had some issues behind the scenes. It was obviously beyond the warranty period but Airtex stood behind their product. It took a lot of time to fit/replace as well as I could. I could have removed and refurbished the old but it would have taken much more time and effort. As mentioned, I'm looking forward to installing their seat kits; hopefully soon.

Agree. Results are again wicked good, but you anticipate a shorter life than expected?
I sure hope not and don't expect to. I have friends who keep their aircraft/Airtex interiors non-hangared and no issues over the years. Haven't seen any known issues on line either.

I wish they'd have some basic instruction on attaching the seats... I've had mine for 3 months, have had time to try to figure it out

I wish they'd have some basic instruction on attaching the seats... I've had mine for 3 months, have had time to try to figure it out
Give them a call - Dodd & the crew are incredibly happy to help. I did the panels myself, but took the seats over to the local auto interior shop - done in 2 days.

Back