KTUL

GauzeGuy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
GauzeGuy
I'm flying into KTUL for an Angel Flight (KTUL-KAPA) later this week, looking for FBO recommendations.

Also, I'll be flying in the day before, any cool sights to see in the area?

Good time of year to go there.
The trees are probably amazing right about now.

If you are ever there after Nov 26 the Rhema Christmas lights are a must see.
It is just incredible.

Edit: Hideaway Pizza. That's some good stuff.

Also, I'll be flying in the day before, any cool sights to see in the area?

Uh, it's Tulsa...

google turned up a museum with some Monets which would be worthwhile...otherwise, it's Tulsa...

Chili Bowl dirt track racing.

Most everybody uses Christianson at RVS (AKA: Riverside, or Jenks, or Richard L. Jones). What do you need? I live about 5 miles north of KTUL at a grass field. If you need a ride or a bed, let me know. There is a CAF hangar dance Saturday night (Nov 8), but I don't see which airport it is at. I'll look that up in the morning. Hubby and I plan to go. I think there is a moonlight walk (full moon is the 6th) at Oxley Nature center late this week, I'd have to call them to find out which night if you are interested.

I live in Tulsa and work out of RVS where Christianson is always good. If you have to go to TUL, I know the Atlantic there is ok, but I'm not too sure about the others. As for interesting stuff to do...as others have said...it's Tulsa.

I go to Tulsa fairly regularly and I avoid RVS due to the amount of student traffic. My field of choice is Pogue (OWP). Fuel's over a $1 cheaper and the atmosphere much more relaxed.

Looks like the OP specifically need to to into KTUL though.

Back