KTEB to Mid Town Manhattan via public transportation?

mswmsw

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
mswmsw
What is the best way via public transportation from KTEB - or the nearby hotels - to MidTown Manhattan? (And back again.) And approx how long should it take? Thanks! (I thought this was discussed here before, but if so, I could not find it.)

Best? Or least expensive?

It has been discussed to death...

"I" recommend using Meridian and getting a Town Car to Midtown...80-110 including tip...

Two ways that I am aware of:

- have the FBO drop you at the Pascack valley NJ Wood Ridge station (1/2 mile from the FBO) and take the train to Secaucus change trains for Penn station.
- Pascack Valley NJT to Hoboken and take the PATH from there
- have the FBO drop you at the bus stop and from there to the port authority bus terminal.

The train is a commuter train, so it doesn't run much mid-day or weekends. The bus otoh is subject to traffic in the lincoln tunnel and its approaches.

Last edited:
Best? Or least expensive?

It has been discussed to death......

I thought it had been discussed before, but I could not find the thread. Probably putting in the wrong search words. If anyone has the link to the thread where this was discussed before, it would be great if you shared it. (I was actually interested in the train route into the city, don't want to take a bus.)

mswmsw, are you open to other airports besides TEB?

Get a hotel in secaucus.... The fbo can drop you. Theres a bus to port authority... Ive used it many tmes. I cant remember exactly... I think its like $4 each way... Pretty easy. But then youre at port authority.... Sketchy hahaha jk

mswmsw, are you open to other airports besides TEB?
I was thinking the same. I normally use White Plains for NYC and rent a car for the the boros. However, I tried Farmingdale for the first time and had them drop my wife at the LIRR station. She was going to Queens but I think the LiRR trains all terminate at Penn Station. That's a pretty civilized ride even if it's 30-45 minutes compared to any close-in NJ option. I know NJ commutes and they are all pretty brutal, especially if a change is required.

Isn't it amazing how hard it is to get from any airport to anywhere on public transport in NY? Can you do it at LGA, EWR or JFK yet? - I've been away from it all for awhile. Planning and infrastructure investment in the age of stupid.

She was going to Queens but I think the LiRR trains all terminate at Penn Station.

Most LIRR trains go through Jamaica and terminate at Penn, some go to Atlantic Ave in Brooklyn. You can change trains to either terminal at Jamaica. You can also change to the E subway into Manhattan if Penn is not convenient.

That's a pretty civilized ride even if it's 30-45 minutes compared to any close-in NJ option. I know NJ commutes and they are all pretty brutal, especially if a change is required.

Dunno, from close in like TEB or Secaucus, there are plenty of options to get into Manhattan. NJT, buses, PATH.

Nope. KTEB and the hotel were chosen by the Boss(es), so that's that.

And they want you to use public transportation to get to hotel in Midtown?

They must be pilots to be that cheap. :yes::D:yes:

And they want you to use public transportation to get to hotel in Midtown? They must be pilots to be that cheap. :yes::D:yes:

No, the hotel's in NJ. I just wanted to be able to go into NYC if I chose to do so, rather then have to hang out at a hotel in NJ, and thought it'd have to be on my own dime! We ended up going in by car, turns out that was probably not the best option, with all the crowds and protesters and jammed traffic. Next time I think it'll be quicker just to take the bus or the train or a combination of those two. Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Most hotels in the Secaucus/TEB area will provide you a free lift to the nearest NJT Train station. That's a far easier, and cheaper method than driving in (the tunnel is now $15!) and parking.

Back