KSN-770 learning curve

benyflyguy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
benyflyguy
where can someone learn how to really get to use the KSN-770. I have a friend that had one and it sounds like he is struggling with it.
I have a 430w. When I started my instrument training I downloaded the king course on it to learn more about it. My CFI was quite familiar with the 430/530 series. There are simulators for it.
The KSN seemingly has none of that. It sounds like it Is a royal PITA. Nobody at our field had one.
Any decent or similar resources I could suggest for him to look into??

I’ve read of devotees whofind the 770 works well for them, but the number sold is incredibly small, and I suspect that the 770’s run is about over; BK has announced their intent to rebrand Avidynes and sell them.

There is no training material, and no one who knows anything about them, because King sold next to none of them. I've never seen one in the wild, I don't know anyone with one (or who ever even considered one).

where can someone learn how to really get to use the KSN-770. I have a friend that had one and it sounds like he is struggling with it.
I have a 430w. When I started my instrument training I downloaded the king course on it to learn more about it. My CFI was quite familiar with the 430/530 series. There are simulators for it.
The KSN seemingly has none of that. It sounds like it Is a royal PITA. Nobody at our field had one.
Any decent or similar resources I could suggest for him to look into??

Holy crap, they actually sold one of those? :eek:

Okay, maybe two. But the best I can tell you is that Don Kaye, a well-known Mooney instructor, just had a student with one so he might know his way around it better than most. Don pays attention to the tech in the planes he flies.

Back