KSLC FBO recommendations

azpilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
azpilot
I'll be flying into the Salt Lake City area in about a month. KSLC will be the most convenient location for where we are going. It looks like the two FBO's there are TAC and Atlantic. Does anyone have experience with either of them? Which would you recommend?

What about BTF or U42? SLC isn’t going to be very GA friendly and likely frown upon small GA operations.

If you so decide that SLC is the place to go, be sure to have your credit card handy.

What about BTF or U42? SLC isn’t going to be very GA friendly and likely frown upon small GA operations.

If you so decide that SLC is the place to go, be sure to have your credit card handy.
Have you been to SLC, or are you saying that because it's a Bravo airport?

TacAir is fabulous. They will bring your rental car to the plane, help you load up, do the paperwork right there, and you are off. Amazing experience. Plus, there was a Phenom and other jets right next to our old C182.

TacAir is fabulous. They will bring your rental car to the plane, help you load up, do the paperwork right there, and you are off. Amazing experience. Plus, there was a Phenom and other jets right next to our old C182.
Cool, thanks for the input. I'll be flying in a 182S as well. TacAir seems like the right place to go.

Take it for what it’s worth. An extended family member of mine lives in Albuquerque and owns a T310. Last time I was at his place we were discussing ‘short’ destinations we could take it on a day trip or two. He mentioned that LAS and SLC can both be unfriendly to light GA aircraft if you hit them on the wrong note, meaning the time of day & how busy they are. Some say they are both ‘easy big airports’ but it really just depends on how busy they are.

Regardless, you will pay higher fee’s to utilize their facilities than one of the smaller satellite fields nearby, that’s a given.

Flown my 182 into SLC a few times and parked at TacAir. I don't remember it being crazy expensive and the GA side of the airport is super easy to navigate. You can't beat it regarding proximity to town....super convenient. You can literally be downtown in 5-10 minutes.

I fly out of SLC, and you'll have no grief from controllers. Tac Air is where I get my fuel, because I get a discount from them. However, you will find cheaper fuel at U42 and it's easier to get in and out of.

I like TAC. Nice FBO and friendly. Not crazy expensive for a big Bravo. They also have a large 141 repair station there, so if you need any work done on the plane, they can do absolutely anything there with a large parts department as well. They have several new SUV crew cars, but have a 2 hour limit iirc.

Back