Ksdl killing general aviation

Yeah, but that's circular. They also take a TON of money from you involuntarily, as well . . .
How do they do that?
and forcing you out of a hangar is a pretty big deal many places, where there are NO good options to move to.
Not renewing your lease is not forcing you out. But perhaps pilots should consider how scarce these resources are when complaining about the cost.

The KSDL Master Plan shows about 280 single engine and light twins based at the airport. But the airport’s actions over the last few years combined with new project eliminates parking for about 200 of them.

Sounds like an OLD plan, one that's been updated. Where's this master plan documented?

Who in their right mind would want to fly light GA in/out of SDL with any regularity?

One runway, tons of light-jet and medium-jet traffic, you're always the slow-guy and given bottom priority.

It's simply asking for (and getting) all the frustration you could ask for, second to insisting on doing light GA in/out of Phoenix Sky Harbor. I'm sure they had a master plan that involved small GA at one time, as well.

How do they do that?Not renewing your lease is not forcing you out. But perhaps pilots should consider how scarce these resources are when complaining about the cost.
Betcha they didn't even offer them an option to pay more rent, though.

In my town there’s a guy selling 20x50ft storage units (garages). For $360k. Hasn’t broke ground yet and 70% sold out. There’s a market…

Sounds like an OLD plan, one that's been updated. Where's this master plan documented?

Who in their right mind would want to fly light GA in/out of SDL with any regularity?

One runway, tons of light-jet and medium-jet traffic, you're always the slow-guy and given bottom priority.

It's simply asking for (and getting) all the frustration you could ask for, second to insisting on doing light GA in/out of Phoenix Sky Harbor. I'm sure they had a master plan that involved small GA at one time, as well.
Master plan can be found on the City website. The current one was done in 2015 and shows 280 based single engine and light twins. But, ignores providing for them. Open air parking has been largely eliminated and now shade and hangars will be leveled. Some large box hangars have benn constructed for “executive aircraft”.

Back