KSBM - Final Approach Restaurant

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Robbie Culver (955)
For those looking for a new place for a breakfast/lunch/dinner at an airport in Wisconsin, check out the Final Approach restaurant at Sheboygan - FANTASTIC!

Flew in there today with some friends - huge ramp, cheap fuel, incredible facility, and top notch service.

For those looking for a new place for a breakfast/lunch/dinner at an airport in Wisconsin, check out the Final Approach restaurant at Sheboygan - FANTASTIC!

Flew in there today with some friends - huge ramp, cheap fuel, incredible facility, and top notch service.

What you said.

FWIW, the "old" FBO (Western Shore Aviation) is actually pretty darn nice too, best FBO cookies ever, friendly staff, courtesy car (I hear there are some other pretty nice restaurants right in the area).

They also have an EXCELLENT maintenance facility - We've had two annuals done there now, plus an AD on the 182. The planes seem to be doing well so far! Both annuals cost less than half of what we're used to paying at the home drome, and you can't beat the free cleaning that you get in the process. Every time we've had a plane there (even for the 182 AD that we didn't pay a cent for!), when we go to pick it up it's washed, waxed, polished, the crap in the luggage compartment is put in a box, window covers are folded up on top, and the interior and carpets are cleaned (as in, shampooed and everything!) Needless to say, we're going to continue getting annuals and big-ticket items done there because not only do we get top-notch service, we end up saving money even when you figure in the cost of three round trips (one for the plane being serviced, two with another plane to get the pilot back and forth). We like 'em so much, I almost hate to let the cat out of the bag for fear that they'll get so much business their rates will go way up (or they won't be able to handle our business any more)! :yes:

But, the new restaurant at the other FBO is pretty darn good too. I hope that SBM gets enough traffic to keep them both in business.

I went there for dinner on Saturday. This was the first time I came for the late meal having had breakfast and several lunches. Arrived at 7pm and taxied to the usual parking place out front.

The place was packed and there were only two other planes out there, so the locals are coming in droves. I asked about a table and was asked if I had a reservation, one of the waitresses told the hostess I had flown in and the hostess then said she would find me a table. That is how packed it is!

We got seated, there was a person playing piano and signing. She was good too! the menu is a lot different than the lunch one. Saturday was the prime rib special but I had something else that was very good. Price was right, two people, eating entrees with soup and salad for under $40.

The place was packed and there were only two other planes out there, so the locals are coming in droves.

And that's what is gonna keep them open. Must be doing some good marketing in the local area too!

We got seated, there was a person playing piano and signing. She was good too!

That's new! Now I'm gonna have to go up there again. :yes:

This is definitely a model for what an airport restaurant should be. This, and Pilot Pete's down at Schaumburg and Perfect Landing at Centennial, are the best airport restaurants out there.

We've been told they shifted their breakfast hours, so if you plan on going there for breakfast call ahead. I was also told they will open early for a group.

An awesome place!

And that's what is gonna keep them open. Must be doing some good marketing in the local area too!

This is definitely a model for what an airport restaurant should be. This, and Pilot Pete's down at Schaumburg and Perfect Landing at Centennial, are the best airport restaurants out there.

Where's Centennial, Kent?

Sigh... So much for that. I landed at KSBM on Sunday to wait out a bit of weather. Final Approach is "closed indefinitely." :(

That said, you can still grab a courtesy car and go to the Twisted Root a bit south of the field. That was pretty good. But, it's not on the airport.

Sigh... So much for that. I landed at KSBM on Sunday to wait out a bit of weather. Final Approach is "closed indefinitely." :(

That said, you can still grab a courtesy car and go to the Twisted Root a bit south of the field. That was pretty good. But, it's not on the airport.

Dang, that sucks! They were great!

Dang it! Now that I have a plane that will actually get me there in time for lunch ... :(

A little while back the Sheboygan paper stated they would be closed from Dec 26 thru early part of may.

A little while back the Sheboygan paper stated they would be closed from Dec 26 thru early part of may.

Yeah, originally they were thinking it was going to be a short closing, but as of right now it's not slated to reopen at all.

Sigh. :frown2:

Yeah, originally they were thinking it was going to be a short closing, but as of right now it's not slated to reopen at all.

Sigh. :frown2:
Their webpage is stil saying this:

The Final Approach
will be temporarily closed
from December 26 - March 31

Did they post something else at the airport?

Bummer!!!!

Their webpage is stil saying this:

The Final Approach
will be temporarily closed
from December 26 - March 31

Did they post something else at the airport?

Bummer!!!!

It was just talking to the people at the FBO. The FBO owns the restaurant.

Back