KSAT TSA

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
So I am trundling at a pace that would put a snail to sleep through San Antonio airport because of who knows what back problem (its a disc or pinched nerve plus spasms) and I get to the security checkpoint. The agent sees me making my way ever to slowly and gingerly to the line, and rather than make me stand in line and hold everyone up, I got to go through my own special line. Nope, not what you are thinking, just got my own standard line to make my way through with zero wait. Now, we'll see if NWA/Delta gate agent is as accomodating and gives me one of the reserved handicap/limited mobility seats instead of the no recline seat I am currently assigned to in row 7 on the CRJ to Memphis.

Because they let me through an "express lane" ?

Sorry to hear about your back problem. I hope it clears up.

I was once forced to attend, with my lab, a seminar about back injuries, which are the most common sort of workplace injury and among the least understood. Everyone was there except Agusto, who was home with a bad back.

The terrorists have won.
Because EdFred expresses appreciation that a person who works for the TSA shows some kindness? :dunno:

I think that it's a good thing a) that they did it and that b) they are acknowledged for it.

(And Ed, sorry about your back. I know how painful a bad back can be!)

I noticed my last two business trips that the TSA has become a bit easier to deal with (DFW, LAX, HNL, PHKO). They have been more pilote when they find prohibited water in your possession.

Actually polite rather than screaming at you about the rules.

Hope your back gets better!

When I used to fly down to SAT on a fairly regular basis (not all of my exs are in Texas, but one is), I generally found the airport there to be nice and the people there treated me well. What I did find humorous was that on a few occasions, TSA would find something in my backpack that had been there for years, was ignored by every other TSA (including the SAT TSA on previous occasions), and then confiscate it.

Glad that they let you through and made your trip a little easier. And hope your back clears up. Do they serve vicodin as part of the in-flight drink/snack service?

I need something more powerful than vike right now. I've got a couple left at home, but I've been tolerating the past 4 days with nothing to help with it other than some of those ben gay pads, which I don't know if they help at all or not. Hopefully by this time tomorrow I get a scrip for something that will help.

I need something more powerful than vike right now. I've got a couple left at home, but I've been tolerating the past 4 days with nothing to help with it other than some of those ben gay pads, which I don't know if they help at all or not. Hopefully by this time tomorrow I get a scrip for something that will help.
Well, you've been doing those tall Crown and Cokes, right?

I was trying to be ironically funny.

I failed. Sorry about the back, ed.

Well, you've been doing those tall Crown and Cokes, right?
I only had one. When I get home though!! Except I don't know if I have anything but gatorade to mix with it. :vomit:

Is there anything a chiropractor can due to help or is it chronic?

It used to flare up once a year or once every 18 months, but I would only be down for a day or two max. I was good for about a year this last time, but this is the worst I've ever had it. I give it a 9/10 on the pain scale. It's a constant 3/10, then it feels like a grenade explodes in the lower back right on the spine. The explosions are becoming more frequent. Appointment tomorrow at 1pm. And I never make doctor appointments.

Man sorry to hear about your back Ed. Your MD should be able to tell quickly if its a disc. PT can work wonders for a disc. I recall when you had this a few years ago a local massage thearpist really helped you out. Hope it gets better soon.

Man sorry to hear about your back Ed. Your MD should be able to tell quickly if its a disc. PT can work wonders for a disc. I recall when you had this a few years ago a local massage thearpist really helped you out. Hope it gets better soon.
Gosh I hope so. I found out Thursday I have three herniations.

Back