KRIC or KFCI ?

Muttley

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Muttley
Need to be in downtown Richmond on Friday, does anyone have any preference for KRIC or KFCI? Will need a rental car and staying thru the weekend.

Fuel prices for 100LL are basically the same at Richmond Jet and KFCI. Not sure of ramp fees though. Can anyone share their experiences or info please?

I've had good luck with Hanover County (OFP).

Any of the three should be pretty good access to Richmond (downtown). OFP and RIC are right off an interstate. RIC you may get vectored around depending on airline traffic (BTDT). OFP and FCI won't have that issue.

I suppose it depends on what time you're arriving vs what time they close and whether that affects rental car availability. RIC should have cars available later at night.

I would call around for ramp fees. The drive from FCI is noticeably longer than RIC, but of course getting vectored around at RIC (which happens about 25% of the time) would negate that. Consider OFP as well.

OFP and RIC are my preferred airports for access to downtown Richmond. Hanover is going to be cheaper, the FBOs at RIC are shinier and more full service.

RIC is not too busy of an airport, so time-wise, it shouldn't make much of a difference.

In-laws live in Ashland. I use OFP, when I've needed one a rental car's been waiting. Heart of Virginia is the FBO. Good folks, ramp fee and overnight waived with fuel.

Use OFP.

RIC has landing fees and the FBO wants like $25 just to park.

Richmond Jet is not like Landmark/Signature. They never charged me to park but I've only ever stayed there for like 15 minutes. The only way you'll find out what their gets are for overnight parking is to call/email them.

I've flown into KRIC on and off for over 10 years though I haven't been in there for about a year. Nothing special or problematic with Richmond Jet Center. Almost always an overnight, always top it off, never an unexpected ramp fee, Hertz car rentals.

Generally, I never call ahead regarding charges. I call ahead to schedule cars, get help with a room, etc. Courtesy cars I only ask for in person (i.e. "help!"). If I get an unexpected or onerous charge, I ask for help with it. Rarely screwed, often gifted.

I've abandoned my plane at Richmond Jet and grabbed a rental home. They're decent folks. On other trips I've borrowed a car to get food. Hangover county is a nice facility if you don't mind be furhter from town. Better if you're going to Kings Dominion.

Back