KRDG restaurant?

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
I heard somewhere that there is a new restaurant at Reading, PA. Has anybody been there and tried it. (The old restaurant closed a few years ago).

Bob I was there in November with Andrew for a North East Breakfast series Fly In. The restaurant is called Mailibooz. The food was good and reasonably priced and the service was good as well. We proably had 40+ folks there and they didn't miss a beat.

I am happy to report that it is much better than the restaurant that closed and I will be going back. I have not tried dinner yet. A worthwhile trip in the R44 IMHO.

Bob I was there in November with Andrew for a North East Breakfast series Fly In. The restaurant is called Mailibooz. The food was good and reasonably priced and the service was good as well. We proably had 40+ folks there and they didn't miss a beat.

I am happy to report that it is much better than the restaurant that closed and I will be going back. I have not tried dinner yet. A worthwhile trip in the R44 IMHO.
Thanks, Adam. I assume it's physically in the same location as the old one?

We had about a dozen Grumman folks drop in at Malibooz for lunch the same time as about ten RV's showed up on a Sunday about a month ago. No problem, great service, fine food, reasonable prices. And you can park right in front of the terminal, even though it looks like airliner-only parking (no more airliners to RDG).

yup Bob same location and Ron is correct you can park right in front of the terminal. you used to have to park around back. just remember to note the code before you go in its easy to miss and the folks at the Rent a Car counter are not thrilled about giving it out.

yup Bob same location and Ron is correct you can park right in front of the terminal. you used to have to park around back. just remember to note the code before you go in its easy to miss and the folks at the Rent a Car counter are not thrilled about giving it out.

Thanks, Adam. I remember ther first time I ever went there was with a CFI and I recall that the tower gave me the comination over the radio!

Yes, Adam might not admit it, but I will. We looked like a pair of dunces looking for the door from the airstrip side into the restaurant! It's there, trust us!!

If you just want a stop at KRDG, without the associated FBO landing fee, the restaurant is a good choice.

Back