Kpwk to phl

Catalo

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Catalo
Im thinking about flying to Philadelphia this Christmas to visit family with parents and siblings. I will be multi engine and ifr rated. Looks like about a 3-4 hr flight. Any thoughts or experience doing so?

You're flying through an area which can be loaded with ice that time of the year. Will you have the equipment for that? If not, will you have the time to wait it out?

Which airport are you planning to land at?

I believe heated prop, Deicing and alcohol bleed. It would be a rented beachcraft barron.

PHL handling fee to drop off passengers is $40, not sure what they charge for overnight. I fly out of wings KLOM and they have good service and may be able to get you a hangar with some notice.

PHL handling fee to drop off passengers is $40, not sure what they charge for overnight. I fly out of wings KLOM and they have good service and may be able to get you a hangar with some notice.

Wings field ,one of my favorites,great service. Was my airport of choice in philly.

I believe heated prop, Deicing and alcohol bleed. It would be a rented beachcraft barron.
Not sure exactly what "alcohol bleed" means, but it sounds like it has some deicing equipment but not fully FIKI certified. Y'all be careful with that.

So which airport?

I've flown into PHL a few times. Pretty easy for GA in terms of large hub type airports.

Just from what I was looking at quickly the other night I was thinking Brady wine (n99)

Not sure exactly what "alcohol bleed" means, but it sounds like it has some deicing equipment but not fully FIKI certified. Y'all be careful with that.

So which airport?
From what I understand it coats the wings with alcohol or another type of deicing agent to help prevent the build up of ice.

Back