KPWK closed from 7/29-8/1

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
For those of you heading to Oshkosh, if you weren't aware, KPWK will be totally closed to fixed wing air traffic July 29-August 1. Therefore, if you are flying you should plan accordingly and avoid KPWK during these times. Times per the website are Friday, July 29th at 2200 – Monday August1. Poor planning by KPWK in my opinion.

Curious, why is it closed? They not want OSH traffic?

They are doing runway repaving and there is one intersection that basically affects all runways. But I would say from this airport board that is not GA friendly it doesn't surprise me they didn't consider Oshkosh. Very poor planning.

They are doing runway repaving and there is one intersection that basically affects all runways. But I would say from this airport board that is not GA friendly it doesn't surprise me they didn't consider Oshkosh. Very poor planning.

Ya gotta learn to thing in evil terms. They knew Oshkosh was on tap and thought it the perfect time to close the airport. "That'll keep those damned little planes outta here for a while." :devil:

Seems like a lot of easier airports to deal with along the way than PWK. Give me some nice pavement and a CTAF, away from any B,C, & D airspace.

I thought they were entirely GA? United has service there now?

Back