KPSP or KUDD

Jason608

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jason608
Hi - Does anyone know what the overnight or extra fees are for Palm Springs and Burmuda Dunes airports?

Phone system down in Arizona today?

Phone system down in Arizona today?

If it was it would not really matter...those airports are in California.

Been to both and they both have overnight and ramp fees...but don't recall what they were...or either being particularly exorbitant. Proximity to my destination was more important and the fees were not enough to sway me to one or another.

Give them a buzz to see which works best for you.

The two FBOs at PSP are going to charge.

I've parked at UDD and not paid anything.

Thanks, I will try calling them again on Monday to find out.

Gas was over three dollars a gallon less at UDD compared to PSP.

PSP tie down at Signature was reasonable with a fill up.

I found this on the FBO site. I never paid a fee so I was not sure what to expect.

Landing Fee Waivers
Single Engine Piston Planes | $5.00 Landing Fee | Waive with 10+ gallons

Banning is normally cheap gas, can get a little bumpy on final though, personally I'd just go to big bear, cheap gas, way better scene, the coachella valley isn't the best place, unless you fit one of the demographics.

I've been to both. Overnighted at both UDD and Atlantic at PSP and hangared at Signature at PSP for a month. That was 5 years ago. Don't remember UDD costing anything that was worth giving a second thought about and Atlantic didn't make me think what a ripoff. Atlantic treated me like a VIP even though I was hot, sweaty, unshaven, pretty much looking like a soup sandwich and flying a C177. As far as todays costs go just look it up.

KPSP - typical signature/Atlantic stuff.

UDD - more of a smaller airport feel.

So, you call the FBO to get airport prices, I thought you have to call the city. :)

KUDD
$5 landing fee, waived with 10 gallon fuel purchase.
$10 each night to park.

KPSP (Signature)
$38 Handling fee, waived with 8 gallon fuel purchase.
$25 each night to park.

The hotel I am saying at is 3 miles east of KPSP. The only reason I am considering UDD is because PSP looks much busier.

So, you call the FBO to get airport prices, I thought you have to call the city. :)

KUDD
$5 landing fee, waived with 10 gallon fuel purchase.
$10 each night to park.

KPSP (Signature)
$38 Handling fee, waived with 8 gallon fuel purchase.
$25 each night to park.

The hotel I am saying at is 3 miles east of KPSP. The only reason I am considering UDD is because PSP looks much busier.

Don't worry about it, I've soloed 10-15hr students at PSP with zero issue, its really a very easy airport to operate out of, easy runways, easy taxiways, easy.

Only sugguestion, know where the I10 freeway is, know where vista chino and Ramon Rd are, sometimes they will use them as landmarks.

image.jpg

Yeah, you will spend far more time driving from UDD then you will dealing with PSP being busy...and it usually isn't.

PSP is easy. If it's close to where you need to be, and you don't mind the slight extra fees, I'd go there.

UDD also has more limited FBO hours than PSP, which may or may not be an issue for you.

What's the purpose of the trip? TRM has cheaper fuel (self serve) and GoRentals serves there at Ross Aviation. UDD is great if you're doing the Palm desert thing or staying around cook street and 10.

PSP is no big deal, you're not going to get bent over like you would at SCK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*disclaimer, Atlantic is closer but I have a rager against them system-wide and Signature has been good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd just go to who ever has the cheaper options.
That said the Atlantic side is a little cleaner, less dust, better parking, they have a pool and are by gene Autry and the short runway, so it's a faster departure, but a slightly (like 4 min) drive to downtown.

If you go downtown, tropacana is a nice place to eat and grab a drink, if you want something a little more substantial Melvyn's is very much old Palm Springs (which is a nice change of pace from the mid century modern ...feminine feel it has now). I'd probably not advise going to the village pub later a night, between the vatos and the young marines who comes down from 29 palms, it's can get both entertaining and a little redicioulus.

If you rent a car, papi and Harriet's in pioneer town is a must, look it up, very cool

Just returned from Palm Springs, KPSP. Very easy flight and great airport. And now I know how how other FBOs work. Also got one night free since they forgot to fuel my plane. Thanks for everyone's comments.

Back