KPOU (NY) Fly-in Sat 8/6

LuvFlying

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
LuvFlying
Saturday, August 6

8:00-10:00: Breakfast at the new Chetti's Restaurant, where Lilliana's used to be. They are working very hard to become the airport restaurant for POU, and can use all the help they can get!

9:00-12:00 Static displays from Cessna, Columbia and some of the airport's larger pieces of equipment.

10:00-11:00: A free FAA WINGS seminar on Aircraft Airworthiness will be given at Chetti's.

11:30-12:30: Yours truly, from the Poughkeepsie Pilots Association, will moderate a discussion on Fun Places to Fly to in the Northeast, as well as some CFI Q&A.

Flying: Parking at “Alpha Tiedown” at the eastern side of the field, near the approach end of 24.
Driving: Parking is available off of the Route 376 entrance.

Official Sponsors:
FAA Air Traffic Control Tower, Mike Wold, Manager
Dutchess Aviation, William R. Steinhaus, County Executive
Chetti's Restaurant, Thanks to Barbara and Chris
Poughkeepsie Pilot's Association, Andrew Zastrow, President

Last edited by a moderator:
9/6 would be september.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dagnamit!
Hopefully a mod will be along soon to correct.

Looks like a great event...count me in!! :wink2:

Last edited:
Awesome! Bring your favorite fun place to fly too for the discussion.

I'm getting excited!

So far, so good...
From 08:00 AM: Wind 210° at 4 kts, Visibility greater than 6 SM, Scattered 6000, Broken 25000
From 12:00 PM: Wind 220° at 6 kts, Visibility greater than 6 SM, showers in the vicinity, Broken 6000

Also, rumor has it that Ol' Rhinebeck may be bringing down one of their planes. (fingers crossed)

Bob I'll have to talk to Mascelli thats a 2kt cross wind component in the AM and rockets up to 2.1kts in the afternoon. Not sure if that exceeds his or the planes max crosswind.:rolleyes:

LOL! Just lean to the left in your seats. :D

Actually, neither:
Flying: Parking at “Alpha Tiedown” at the eastern side of the field, near the approach end of 24.
Driving: Parking is available off of the Route 376 entrance.
:D

I've posted the list of Fun Places to Fly to in the Northeast we discussed in my seminar to my blog.

Check it out. You may find a new place or two new to fly to. I know I did.
biggrin.gif

Back