KPHF - KCRE, Places to Visit?

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM

KILG-KPHF
Mary and I will be heading to Williamsburg, VA. early Friday morning with plans to tie down at Rick’s Aviation. It’s my first time into PHF, we really like JGG but decided to try Newport News and cut the costs of a rental car. We are staying close to the airport so we can get the shuttle ride no problem and our remaining ground transportation will be with our friends that we are visiting with. As is our ritual we will take in a show at the Ferguson Center (Hairspray) on Friday and a day at Busch Gardens Saturday (rides, rides and more rides, and no we have no children).

KPHF-KCRE
We will leave Sunday sometime shortly after breakfast and head south to Grand Strand KCRE. This is where I would like to visit a few places along the way. Our check in time is 3pm in Myrtle at the Dunes so we have time to make stops.

I’m looking for places of interest to stop, any ideas?

KILG-KPHF
Mary and I will be heading to Williamsburg, VA. early Friday morning with plans to tie down at Rick’s Aviation. It’s my first time into PHF, we really like JGG but decided to try Newport News and cut the costs of a rental car. We are staying close to the airport so we can get the shuttle ride no problem and our remaining ground transportation will be with our friends that we are visiting with. As is our ritual we will take in a show at the Ferguson Center (Hairspray) on Friday and a day at Busch Gardens Saturday (rides, rides and more rides, and no we have no children).

KPHF-KCRE
We will leave Sunday sometime shortly after breakfast and head south to Grand Strand KCRE. This is where I would like to visit a few places along the way. Our check in time is 3pm in Myrtle at the Dunes so we have time to make stops.

I’m looking for places of interest to stop, any ideas?
First, you will like Rick Aviation. 1st class operation and great folks to deal with.

Second, a trip down the Outer Banks is a definate option. FFA - First Flight where it all started, Ocracoke (W95) with lunch at Howards Pub would be at the top of my list. Continue down the coast and enjoy the view, but be wary of the restricted areas. If you are not IFR you can get help from Cherry Point Approach (124.1 IIRC). Another option for lunch is a stop at Beaufort (MRH) and borrow the crew car to go to Sanitary Seafood in Moorehead City.

When are you going? Is it next weekend?

When are you going? Is it next weekend?

If you think OSHA is a small town in Wisconsin your troubles have just begun.

If you think OSHA is a small town in Wisconsin your troubles have just begun.

May have to post that quote in my office. Dealing with contractors everyday that right there is funny!

Leaving Wilmington, DE (KILG) Friday morning (9/21). Leaving PHF Sunday (9/23) by 9am and heading to CRE. I thought about Ocracoke (W95) and have it on the list of places we want to visit, maybe that's a good lunch stop. Depending on the wx, a trip along the coast to CRE could be fun. I need to look at the flight plan and consult with the co-pilot/my Bride!

Attachments

• phf w95.jpg
    phf w95.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
That's a great stop Ron, we did the tour last time to Williamsburg. Pictures of Mary working the sticks, playing the "shooter" on the carrier landing sim are on the flight journal. :)

We also made a stop at the Virginia Living Museum.

Attachments

• 100_0989.jpg
    100_0989.jpg
    916.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_0990.jpg
    100_0990.jpg
    986.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_1006.jpg
    100_1006.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 100_0999.jpg
    100_0999.jpg