(KPDK/PA-32) Dashcam Video Shows Final Moments of Crashed Plane

Cpt_Kirk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Ted Striker
Video Link

7708354_G.jpg

Hard to tell but it actually looked like it was under control when it went down.

I'm stunned by the number of people driving by as though nothing is going on, not to mention those who apparently don't know that you're supposed to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle.

I'm stunned by the number of people driving by as though nothing is going on, not to mention those who apparently don't know that you're supposed to get out of the way of an emergency vehicle.

There is no shortage of stupid in Atlanta.

There is no shortage of stupid in Atlanta.

They should all jump from their vehicles and dash into the flames? Seriously, what constructive action would you contribute?

Better to get out of the way,and allow emergency vehicles access. If you can't do anything helpful continue on your way.

This is definitely very sad to watch. The thing that scares me is how quickly the plane goes up in flames. No time to get out once 100LL ignites.

I hope the impact was the end for them and not the fire. Awful stuff.

It was hard to see if the landing gear was down or retracted. The plane had retractable gear. He was near max weight. Gear up obviously would have reduced drag if he was having problems on the climb out. Could have put it back down when he knew he was going down though. Turn to right before impact was probably an attempt to get to the roadway.

Back