KOSH Runway 27 Closed - Anybody Know Why?

I couldn't get my ifr release and got tired of waiting. I drove.

Soooooooo, what was the incident last night (Sunday) that closed the whole airport around 7pm? Does anybody have any info?
Word from someone who saw it is that a T-6 cut across him just above the deck to 36L, when it was supposed to go to R. LOTS of confused radio chatter all afternoon, due to PEOPLE WHO DID NOT READ THE NOTAM.

They did close the airport early after an A-26 Invader had to make a partial gear-up landing on 36. I was listening on LiveATC when he declared an emergency. Could not get the nose gear down.

If you're in the air, is the busiest airport in the world really the best place to go with a known runway-closing problem? There's not any shortage of airports around there...

If you're in the air, is the busiest airport in the world really the best place to go with a known runway-closing problem? There's not any shortage of airports around there...
Emergency services standing by, as well as most of the Warbird Mechanics in the world. They did keep him off until as late in the evening as they could.

Back