Wanted: Partnership KOKV partnership?

Wayne Van Andel

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Wayne
Thinking about a partnership in a higher performance fixed gear Glasair or Lancair based out of Winchester. Anyone?

Hey Wayne, I`m out at OKV. I usually rent from Av-ED, but they are having sincere issues. I am interested in a partnership or a club. I`m not sure if i can afford the Glasair type, but i would be open to discussion and number running.

Hi, Jeremy. Yeah, I’ve tried them as well, but several months ago. Ok, but not great. I am several months away from seriously pursuing this idea. Waiting to see what happens with a Raptor that is being developed in Atlanta. I have position 44 if the thing ever goes into production, but that remains to be seen. Barring that, I am thinking about a Lancair ES or maybe a Glasair Sportsman. Two very different airplanes. It would depend on what someone else was interested in. I am most interested in experimental aircraft like these—cheaper to operate. We can stay in touch to see what time brings if you want. I am a retired airline guy and looking for a way to get back flying. Thanks!

Gentlemen, would either/both of you be interested in finding a Cherokee 6 to partner on? I'm thinking something in the 100k to 120k range (33k to 40k per partner). KOKV works for me, but I am closer to KFDK and KJYO.

I wouldn’t say no to it under the right circumstances, but it probably costs more to carry around six seats rather than four and a four place is what I would focus on. But with the right people and a nice machine based out of OKV, I would look into it.

I know this is a bit out of what you originally posted but I am in the same general area looking for options to partner on A36 Bonanza (aircraft type mostly mission driven).

Struck out on finding and existing partnership with openings so evaluating potential other options (new partnership). Based on the prices of the aircraft I seem to be gravitating towards ideally it would be a 4-5 way partnership.

KOKV is one of the airports that is within reason for drive and I think they still have space in the corporate hangar for storage (but haven’t checked lately). If your interested in exploring options for an A36 hit me up.

I would entertain that if a group had an opening. I have most recently been researching the Cessna Skymaster, but haven’t locked into anything yet. I know of one that should be available in the fall that might work out. I have an early position on a Raptor—being developed in Atlanta for the last five years now and still at least two years out at best. So I’m thinking of moving on something to get myself flying again by sometime next year. If something starts to move on your end, you could maybe let me know.

Also, there was an opening on an A36 at KHEF about a year ago with about five people. Don’t know if it’s still available.

Yes, I was in contact with folks from that partnership. Actually two partners were selling their shares over the last year or so and both have been sold.

I talked to the first person about his share and tried driving to Manassas, but realized the distance and the drive into that area was going to be a negative.

Back