Display Name

Display name:
HFC1969
KOJC vs KLXT Johnson vs Lee Summit Airport PIREP

Any food on property?

Airnav says gas is way...$$$$$

Thanks guys..

Last edited:
Nothing at the airport, nothing within walking distance. Even my house is too far to walk. Sometimes an FBO will be grilling hotdogs for lunch, but I don't know if that's an every day thing or not. There are sub-shops that will deliver.

As far as I know, both FBOs have crew cars, and there is plenty of stuff within a couple miles.

Go to IXD, borrow the crew car and drive to Johnny's bbq

Air Associates is a good FBO that I use while there. Ramp guys are courteous. Easy in and out. Call ahead for car rental if you want it. And, if you are giving directions to folks who might be meeting you there though, they usually end up at KCAC so watch for that. No food near that I can think of but you are a few mins away from being in the middle of Overland Park via crew car so lots of choices there.

Sorry. Just realized you are now looking at Lee Summit. My prior post was for KOJC.

Re: KOJC vs KLXT PIREP

I am looking around and I think I might go into Lee Summit..

What do you guys think?

There are a few guys here from LXT that might be able to help out.

IXD is a short crew car ride from BBQ (like ja_user noted). OJC is a short drive away from a Jersey Mike's sub shop (west), Subway (west), Mexican (east and west) and other BBQ (north) but the BBQ is just a bit farther to drive than at IXD.

I am looking around and I think I might go into Lee Summit..

What do you guys think?

Lees Summit is a very good stop. Crew car and plenty of eateries close. Home of KC Flight, so you might see a lot of RVs.... just saying.

Lees Summit is a very good stop. Crew car and plenty of eateries close. Home of KC Flight, so you might see a lot of RVs.... just saying.

If they aren't too busy doing overhead breaks and stuff.

Back