KOAK North Field Information Request

gov98

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Gov98
I was wondering if anyone knows how things "work" on KOAK's North Field for your single engine prop style pilots. I've seen some older threads that suggest one can get a tie-down for ~$80/mo, but I don't know if that's accurate or not. I tried e-mailing the airport rep, but haven't heard back yet. Additionally, was curious what the rates are (if such things are available) for the T-Hangers, and if one has a tie-down or T-Hangar can one park a vehicle on the T-Spot while their plane is away. I also see that it's something like $50 to land and KOAK but you don't pay the fee if you have a tie-down there...is that correct?

Correct, the landing fees are collected by the FBO and there is a "nice list" you get placed on as a tenant to skip the fees -- otherwise even summoning the fuel truck to your hangar will mean a landing fee is collected. Still haven't figured that one out. I don't think I'm on the nice list yet, despite being there 11 months now.

The friendly-yet-useless bureaucrat who used to run properties for the north field has been peter-principled and is probably CEO of the airport now, riding the wave of unanswered emails, voicemails, and comfortably behind a wall of complete unreachability -- I will PM you a different contact person who took over and has raised the bar. The website has obsolete information.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information! It never ceases to amaze how hard it is to get ahold of the right people at these GA airports.

I really miss being able to hop over the bay and park there for free for day use.

Back