Knowledge of Russian Airplanes

They ran a few commercial flights with it just to say they did it.

Kind of like they launched and recovered the Buran. Once.

Last edited:
I would speculate that whoever posted that listing doesn't own the plane at all. So the price is irrelevant.

Yes, the 144 was flying for a while but is now a museum piece as well, just like the Concorde.
I remember the Buran and Ruslan too. Great machines.

7.5 million is nothing for that museum piece. I bet it will cost more than that to move it to its new location. :D

Btw, OP, do you have a virus? Your link hints at that. I would recommend to run a full virus scan on your PC.

I would speculate that whoever posted that listing doesn't own the plane at all. So the price is irrelevant.
Irrelevant anyway.
Doesn't matter that he doesn't own it. If he can convince some schlob to pay, he deserves it. :)
Remember the guy who sold the Czechoslovakian Navy flotilla for a few billion? (landlocked country, btw) Of course he didn't own it and he lives in Bahamas, IIRC. :D

It's mostly known for this:

I don't know what a floatilla is... sounds like a delicious Taco Bell menu entree

Yes, the 144 was flying for a while but is now a museum piece as well, just like the Concorde.
I remember the Buran and Ruslan too. Great machines.

7.5 million is nothing for that museum piece. I bet it will cost more than that to move it to its new location. :D

Btw, OP, do you have a virus? Your link hints at that. I would recommend to run a full virus scan on your PC.

No virus on my machine, I'm too careful!!

I can't fathom what someone would do with that monstrosity. It will never fly again.

As a side note I really do miss the Concorde. I use to watch it leave out of New York in the 80's

Saw one at JFK taxing in probably 12-14 years ago. Wish I could've seen it take off.
It was awesome VERY noisy. I wish I recorded it back in the day but I always thought it would be around. Sometimes we don't know what we have until it's gone.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The 144 was a one-off, as mentioned. Less than 20 were ever built. I flew in 104, 124, 134, and 154 (and Il-18), but only saw the 144 parked. I only saw the 114 as a gate guardian (possibly the only one in the bunch that ever visited America).

The Russian plane I want to fly is the Kukuruznik. (My best translation is "corn man.") Big piston biplane used for agriculture, passenger service, and probably a million other things. No measurable stall speed. If you lose instruments in the clouds, just pull the stick all the way back and wait to touch down.

Slightly different speed than the Concorde clone you asked about. But I think more fun.

Back