Knowledge Base

drhunt

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Moose Air
Is there currently a spot for publishing information of general interest? I am aware of the "links" and FAQ sections but don't know if they are the planned features for what I'm talking about. For example, I don't know how many time the topic of "logging PIC time" comes up on the AOPA site but it would be very useful if there was a location that a brief could be posted for all to find easily. The AOPA board only retains messages for a fixed period of time so searching on the topic may or may not find the last post. I'm not certain of the message retention plan for this board but would assume that you'll have to establish some limit. I would envision some sort of topic submission process that would review and select appropriate topics for the knowledge base.

Just a thought...

David

We've considered creating some kind of FAQ - but there are pros and cons to not having one. The con being the same topic can end up coming along here repeatedly. The pro being that a new discussion on an old topic like logging XC time or medical referrals can help stimulate new thought and discussion, whereas a static FAQ has no such benefit because it's not open to discussion.

As for automatic message pruning - at present this has not been enabled. We don't auto-delete anything yet. We'll probably not need to for some time either - and when we do, we'll start by auto-pruning the non-av forums first.

Back