Knocking off the rust...

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
I really need to get back to the point that I am ready for a sign off on the IR checkride. I was there in April but had an aircraft problem then went in for hip surgery. I started back flying in July, bought a new to me plane in October and I'm just getting used to the new gadgets and sight picture.

I went up today and got all my flight settings squared away in the new bird. After that I headed to KWWD and flew the LOC RWY 19, KGED - RNAV GPS RWY 22 made a lunch and fuel top off stop. After a late lunch we saddled up for KILG and I flew the ILS RWY 1, did the missed then repositioned for the RNAV GPS RWY 19 that ended in a full stop.

I had a great time and put 2.8 in the log book with 4 instrument approaches, and great role play radio work.......geezzzz I really didn't miss the foggles/overcasters one bit!

Nice Gary! Sounds like a great way to end the work week, especially with the forcast.

Knocked off the rust on my night flying this evening. I had not flown at night as PIC since I retired in Jan 2003. Waaaaayyyy to long... So today we took the T-41B out an hour before sunset and just kept beating up the traffic pattern until I was legal again.. then did one more for good measure.

It was a calm and beautiful night for flying. For the first time in years I was able to get a Class B clearance from LAS, south to north. Standard routing... overhead Henderson, approach end Rwy 25, Heading 290 (surprise, it used to be 010 or approach end Rwy 19) maintain 5000VFR.. when I got to Rwy 25, TRACON cleared me direct VGT, at or above 3500. warned me about a couple of helicoters at 3000 and turned me over to VGT tower. Standard VFR arrival after that.

Back