KN63 / KDI572 DME button - what size screw?

peter-h

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
peter-h
Would anybody know what size screwdriver / allen key I need to tighten up the little screw which holds the little button here

kdi572.gif

in place?

I can't get in there to see it with a magnifier but it looks like it might be about 1.3mm, but it could be a TORX, etc.

The button has worked loose. I can re-tighten it by poking a small screwdriver in there and twiddling it but it always comes loose again.

In fact there are two holes so there might be two screws holding it...

I have the KN63 Installation Manual but it says nothing about it.

Also, who sells allen keys etc in the small funny sizes used in American avionics? Here in the UK, they seem hard to get.

Many thanks for any tips.

Would anybody know what size screwdriver / allen key I need to tighten up the little screw which holds the little button here

kdi572.gif

in place?

I can't get in there to see it with a magnifier but it looks like it might be about 1.3mm, but it could be a TORX, etc.

The button has worked loose. I can re-tighten it by poking a small screwdriver in there and twiddling it but it always comes loose again.

In fact there are two holes so there might be two screws holding it...

I have the KN63 Installation Manual but it says nothing about it.

Also, who sells allen keys etc in the small funny sizes used in American avionics? Here in the UK, they seem hard to get.

Many thanks for any tips.

Chances are it's a .050 allen. I'll guarantee you it's not torx or metric unless someone has changed the knob and/or setscrew. Also, if you wedge the knob on with some teflon tape over the shaft and then tighten, it will probably stay tight longer since the knob won't rock on the shaft then. There's also a good chance that there should be two setscrews and one is missing (or loose). One should tighten against the flat of the shaft and the other gets tightened last.

Last edited:
Back