For Sale KN-64 DME display needed

Mayday Avionics or Bevan Revel can probably do what you need. Won't be cheap. Might be able to replace the unit on Ebay for less.

Where can one be had, who can repair?

What exactly is the issue with your screen? You might be able to fox the digits if that is the issue. Otherwise I will be pulling a KN64 out of my plane in the next month or so. Looks and works like new.

What exactly is the issue with your screen? You might be able to fox the digits if that is the issue. Otherwise I will be pulling a KN64 out of my plane in the next month or so. Looks and works like new.

My avionics tech has had it for 3 weeks, said it needs a new display and I've heard nothing so I thought I'd ask around. It is intermittently blank or partial digits.
Thanks

If the OP doesn't want it I will. I have one, but it looks like schnizzel. Might be nice to not have na eyesore in my panel.

My avionics tech has had it for 3 weeks, said it needs a new display and I've heard nothing so I thought I'd ask around. It is intermittently blank or partial digits.
Thanks

That can sometimes be fixed by unseating the display and reseating it. It’s built very similar to a KX155. You can clean the contacts on the display with light pressure and an eraser and then reseat it with a bit of dielectric grease. If it doesn’t work the first time reseat it a few times and you’ll most likely get a few digits or all of them back unless they are totally gone.

If the OP doesn't want it I will. I have one, but it looks like schnizzel. Might be nice to not have na eyesore in my panel.

Sounds good. I’ll shoot you a message once it’s out of the panel.

Just talked to radioman, it's not just dirty contacts. Bad display. He has used one imma try.
We are still looking for a replacement display (unlikely as that is). Thanks. Yeah, new GPS - got it!

Just talked to radioman, it's not just dirty contacts. Bad display. He has used one imma try.
We are still looking for a replacement display (unlikely as that is). Thanks. Yeah, new GPS - got it!

Ah darn. That’s unfortunate, see how the display works and keep me updated. I have my good KN64 or I could probably snag another one for you if needed.

Last edited:
Back