KMYF meetup at Casa Machado

StinkBug

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Dallas
This was discussed in the storm damage thread a few days ago and I thought we should have a spot to make some plans for a get together. I know there were a few people who said they were game for some mexican food, so lets make it happen. We have the where, we just need a when!

I typically have aerobatic or formation flights on Wednesday afternoon/evenings and Saturdays from KSEE but could make time other than that - might be joining Plus One soon and that would have me at MYF a bit more often.

I can do lunch about any day, usually about 11:30, or a casual dinner/drink get together in the afternoon/evening.

'Gimp

After work during non-Tuesdays would be good for me :)

I live around the corner from MYF, but I work in Carlsbad, so for after work I would just need some time to get down to the area. I try to fly every friday evening, then one day on the weekend as well.

-Brian

I'm a little further up the coast, but would love to come down and join the festivities. I've always heard great things about Casa Machado. I'm usually working over the weekend and am off Monday-Thursday. With enough notice I can move some days around, however.

This was discussed in the storm damage thread a few days ago and I thought we should have a spot to make some plans for a get together. I know there were a few people who said they were game for some mexican food, so lets make it happen. We have the where, we just need a when!

I am busy all day Mondays and Wednesdays but I can make just about any Tuesday or Thursday. Weekends are hit and miss if I'm around. But if you guys plan a day I'll try and make it. Cheers.

I live around the corner from MYF, but I work in Carlsbad, so for after work I would just need some time to get down to the area. I try to fly every friday evening, then one day on the weekend as well.

-Brian

If we plan this right we could just grab a plane at CRQ and fly down there. I mean this is a gathering of pilots :lol:

I'm getting the sense that a Thursday evening would probably be the best option so far.

If we plan this right we could just grab a plane at CRQ and fly down there. I mean this is a gathering of pilots :lol:

I'm getting the sense that a Thursday evening would probably be the best option so far.

Hahaha true true. I work at the west end of the airport. Palomar Airport Rd and Camino Vida Roble.

This Thursday is out for me. Heading up to Riverside for a concert, but I am good after that. Just have to make sure they can put the NFL Game on the tvs :)

-Brian

I'm flying out to the desert to ride motorcycles at unsafe speeds this thursday evening, but I think next thursday is doable.

I'm flying out to the desert to ride motorcycles at unsafe speeds this thursday evening, but I think next thursday is doable.

Woot, have fun! I'm gonna get up and do some touch-and-goes this Thursday. I seem to have a miraculous ability to schedule flights on the rare times we have crazy clouds, rains, or storms. I've cancelled 90% of my reservations the past month so I'm looking forward to getting some sky time this weekend! :)

Do we want to try for 6PM on Thursday the 2nd at Casa Muchacho?

'Gimp

6pm should work for me as well. I will definitely be riding my motorcycle to work that day so I can get home quickly :) Lane splitting FTW!

I do need to check a couple things at work as I know I have a few after work vendor events going on in the first part of October, but I don't believe any of them are on the 2nd.

-Brian

Lane splitting is gods gift to motorcycle riders. It's totally makes up for the whole vulnerable to instantaneous death by cell phone driver, and getting wet in the rain things. I'll probably be riding down as well.

I've got a couple. Ducati 1098 for when I wanna scare myself, and a cafe racer I built from parts of wrecked bikes for more sedate rides.

1488854_10203474049162049_483754978_n.jpg

1533772_10202790788840968_214260415_n.jpg

Still planning on it. Casa Muchacho 6:00PM.

Do we have a rough headcount?

'Gimp

So considering none of us really know each other, should we figure out a specific place to meet at so we know who is part of the group, rather than walking around the parking lot/restaurant yelling out forum screen names (although that could be funny, "Yo, wheres the gimp??") :)

StinkBug, you still cruising down (That would be another fun one to walk around and yell, inside of a restaurant!)?

-Brian

So considering none of us really know each other, should we figure out a specific place to meet at so we know who is part of the group, rather than walking around the parking lot/restaurant yelling out forum screen names (although that could be funny, "Yo, wheres the gimp??") :)

StinkBug, you still cruising down (That would be another fun one to walk around and yell, inside of a restaurant!)?

-Brian

I dunno, that sounds pretty entertaining. We can grab one of those bigger tables on the bar side. I can wear a helicopter beanie hat?

(not really.)

I live just a few minutes away from MYF, so I will get there a bit early and I will park in the NE part of the parking lot, the corner that faces the SDFD helos. Just look for a jet black M3 sedan.

-Brian

I live just a few minutes away from MYF, so I will get there a bit early and I will park in the NE part of the parking lot, the corner that faces the SDFD helos. Just look for a jet black M3 sedan.

-Brian

Coolio, I'll try and get there a little early too. I'll look for you.

Dammit - I have a dinner to attend tomorrow night. You kids have fun!

I'm planning on being there. Probably ride the bike down.

-Dallas

Sounds like maybe 6-8 of us, suppose we should try for a long table in main dining room or on the patio area if it is open again.

I'll get there around 6-6:15, wearing a green plaid shirt.

'Gimp

That was fun! It was nice meeting everyone -- we should do that again. I believe we'll need to celebrate B17Rex's certificate shortly, too :)

Was definitely a fun evening. I do hope that we will be celebrating my PPL certificate soon!

-Brian

Enjoyed meeting you all, we'll have to do that on a regular basis and maybe arrange a flyout or two.

Blue skies!

'Gimp

Did my night XC to John Wayne last night you guys weren't kidding how hard it is to find KSNA at night!!! Even with the GPS saying it was directly in front, couldn't get a visual on the airport until about 3-4 miles out. Wow.

Landed perfectly, taxied back, went to take off and a 737 was lining up on the parallel runway, my instructor told me "Lets go, we gotta get off the ground before that 737!!" hahaha

Was definitely funny taking off next to a 737 and we were at about 1000'agl and the 7373 was just looooong gone :)

-Brian

Did my night XC to John Wayne last night you guys weren't kidding how hard it is to find KSNA at night!!! Even with the GPS saying it was directly in front, couldn't get a visual on the airport until about 3-4 miles out. Wow.

Landed perfectly, taxied back, went to take off and a 737 was lining up on the parallel runway, my instructor told me "Lets go, we gotta get off the ground before that 737!!" hahaha

Was definitely funny taking off next to a 737 and we were at about 1000'agl and the 7373 was just looooong gone :)

-Brian

Awesome! I was going in to land there Friday and was cleared to land behind an airbus on a short final for the right (me on the left) and he went around. I don't know why he did that but it definitely caused me to do a go around of my own! Once you get your ticket we should all try to do a fly in (CMA?) and celebrate.

Sounds like a fun time Brian! It's definitely interesting to be operating so close to the big stuff!

an airbus on a short final for the right (me on the left) and he went around. I don't know why he did that but it definitely caused me to do a go around of my own!

I don't want to speak for that crew, but sometimes we just f$%^ it up. :D

I'm definitely game for any kind of fly-in, and tri-tip at CMA is always a good choice!

-Brian

Awesome! I'm hoping some day spotting an airport at night -- or even during the day -- in the middle of a city will be easy, but it's far from it for me.

Glad you had a great trip. This flying stuff is pretty nifty :)

Back