KMKC - Wheeler & Chiefs

Bman.

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bman.
Anyone in the KC area that can brief me on KMKC day of a Chiefs football game? I have a couple of tickets and I am considering running up there for this Sunday's game. What I don't know is how full the public use ramp becomes on game day Sunday. The last time I was up there, the guys over at Atlantic just had me come on over and were happy to see me and my archer. I don't think this to be the case on Sunday but I may be wrong.

Any info appreciated or if you are tailgating, let me know when are where.

Thanks-
Benjamin

Or call the MKC FBO and ask. Maybe they usually have room, maybe they can save you a spot if you call ahead.

There are designated Uber drop off and pickup locations at Arrowhead.

Or call the MKC FBO and ask. Maybe they usually have room, maybe they can save you a spot if you call ahead.

There are designated Uber drop off and pickup locations at Arrowhead.

Yeah, Ill give them a shout tomorrow for sure.

I was just download the zTrip app for the arrowhead shuttle service. Apparently they have a different uber type service that takes you inside the gates versus dropped off outside the gates.

Good catch on zTrip, I forgot about them. They have a contract that allows them to pick up and drop off inside the gate.

Too bad Mahomes is out, that would have been a fun matchup to see.

Someone from a KC pilots FB page took this pic 2 Sundays ago. The parking lot is under that cloud of smoke. We do like our bbq.

8B94A781-5FE6-4BEC-BA70-820A78C60FFD.jpeg

Atlantic is on the West side of MKC, the road to get there is under construction. It can be a little tricky to get there, at least as of last week the southern loop is not available. That is the loop Google will want to take you. Allow a little extra time for your rideshare to find you.

I can't speak to MKC, but I would consider landing at LXT.

LXT can be a zoo - especially on the weekend. Couple that with their CTAF 122.8 - which picks up about 10 other airports on that same freq - and it's darn-near unusable. East KC may be another option (3GV), and guess what their freq is... A little further Uber ride, but my home-drone of GPH is a great airport, nice FBO, plenty of parking, different freq.

Good point on LXT weekend traffic.

Back