KMER Castle Airport CA - Castle Air Museum

JC Chan

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
JC Chan
The Castle Air Museum is very closed to KMER, Merced-Castle airport, there are lot of awesome airplanes in the museum.
tempImagex3mlbG.jpgtempImagei5XOvZ.jpgtempImageYj0V2v.jpgtempImageXcDPNB.jpgtempImageMHSqfQ.jpgtempImageZigVxz.jpg

I've been to castle airport at least 12 times. I felt like a kid in a candy store every single time.
Highly recommend if you haven't been, Castle Air Museum is a very short walk from the airport and admission is pretty cheap and completely worth it.

Leyrah, thanks. Totally agreed with you.

It’s well worth a trip. Fabulous resource!
As a bonus, you can ask yourself if you think you could land perpendicularly to the 11,800’ runway or how many times you could do a full stop landing, takeoff, and repeat on the long axis.

They do an open cockpit day a few times a year. Something to check for if you're planning a visit.

It’s well worth a trip. Fabulous resource!
As a bonus, you can ask yourself if you think you could land perpendicularly to the 11,800’ runway or how many times you could do a full stop landing, takeoff, and repeat on the long axis.
I did 6 t/o and landing to a full stop in one pass down the similar length runway at Barksdale in an Aero Club 7KCAB.

Back