KMCO - Pireps??

flyersfan31

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Freiburgfan31
I'm flying into Orlando Intl this weekend. Other than landing on 18R/36L, which I understand is where they put the GA arrivals, what can I expect? There is a laundry list of SIDS & STARS - are any typically used for GA at MCO? I imagine at the very least I'd get a SID on departure.

(And yes, I'm going to MCO, so don't bother telling me about how much better Executive or Kissimee are!!!! :wink2:)

Coming from the north, expect to be vectored in from the west, kept high on an extended right base to 18R or left base to 36L and then slam dunked to a very short final. Fortunately the runway is long and the FBOs are midfield, so you have time to get down and slowed down. This time of year, a visual approach is likely. It's been a while since I've done a SID there. I don't recall the SID for piston singles to be tricky at all.

Thanks Ken. WX was clear today. I was surprised when Jax Ctr (I think) gave me a reroute when I was abeam Brunswick -- D Ormond, BITHO7 arrival. HMMM, ime to take a look! It would have been more accurate to have cleared me D Ormond RVto MCO, because I was steering left 20, Rt 10 Left 5, etc all the way across the state.

No matter. Boy is it easy to land when you have 12,000 ft of pavement to work with! I think it's the longest rwy I've landed on. It's longer than Logan, Dulles, and Reno. I can't think of any other long runways I've landed on that would be longer.

Thanks Ken. WX was clear today. I was surprised when Jax Ctr (I think) gave me a reroute when I was abeam Brunswick -- D Ormond, BITHO7 arrival. HMMM, ime to take a look! It would have been more accurate to have cleared me D Ormond RVto MCO, because I was steering left 20, Rt 10 Left 5, etc all the way across the state.

No matter. Boy is it easy to land when you have 12,000 ft of pavement to work with! I think it's the longest rwy I've landed on. It's longer than Logan, Dulles, and Reno. I can't think of any other long runways I've landed on that would be longer.
Beat me. 11,800 at Oscoda-Wurtsmith (KOSC).

Landed at KSAW 12,366' and old SAC base.
Ha, got you beat -- landed on 36R at VQQ in Jacksonville: 12,503'. (and also an old mil. base converted to civilian use). Man, that was a long taxi in...

13793...but I think I've done longer....trying to remember where, but it was 14,000+.

Aha, KLAS, 14,510.

Beat me. 11,800 at Oscoda-Wurtsmith (KOSC).

I landed there this summer on a Lake Huron Beech Skipper tour for some fuel. Very long, could have landed and taken off many times.

It's an awesome place to go and taxi past all of the enormous jets. However, it seemed like an airplane graveyard on the weekend I was there.

DEN 34L, 16,000' t-n-g one night a couple years ago. Was off again before I got out of the touch down zone lights.

Of course Murphey has us all beat with the Edwards trip.

Back